CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

99 STS

I have an oppertunity to buy a 99 STS off a relitive for a spectacular price! The car is polo green with neatural interior it had every option i know of in 99 except for the sunroof! Its in mint condition the leather is in almost brand new condition! It has 161,000 miles mostly highway i am guessing anyways! What do u guys think about that many miles is that alot for a 99? What sort of things should I look for when I am looking at it?

Thanks!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Mileage is a little high, but if the car drives nice (no 65-75 mph vibration = no badyear RSAs) and the trunk has been fixed ;) ...

If the price is right it might be a great car... Of course, based on everything I have learned from this site...

You need to look for 2 things:

1) Lots of Oil change receipts and

2) At least one receipt for a Coolant system flush and refill including the all important pills.

From what I can gather if maintained properly these cars go almost forever and the bodies hold up well too.

Good Luck

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Is this the same one that you got everyone worked up over before? The same one that it turned out that you didn't have the money for in the first place? The missing fuel door for your 94 runs about $70 painted and brand new. Get that and the 94 will look real sharp.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

LOL no that was a while ago! This one is polo green and that other one was black on black with like 60 000 miles! Thats why i couldn't afford it! My car does have a fuel door I got one a long time ago lol! Ya I remember that black one was amayzing! Im asking 6800 canadian for my 94 if anyones in the area! Its got 105,000 miles on it and its in great shape and works great!

Heres a pic of my 94 in the snow of course!

post-3-1108437443_thumb.jpg

user posted image

The Mileage is PRETTY high for the year, it should have around 90,000 miles on it, but if the person you are buying it from can provide you with the oil change reciepts and other maintance reciepts ESPECIALLY the coolant system flush/Refill then go for it

Make sure you go on the highway and take it up to atleast 65 and watch for vibration

If the engine was well Maintaned the engine will last a good 250,000 miles (My Fathers 94 STS Died at 287,300 miles)

Me Personally if the price was right i would buy it

if you dont mind me asking what does the person want for it?

Yes I wasn't driveing but he had it up to about 110 MPH and the thing just glidded! Its a way better ride than my 94 is! My 94 is a little rough cause theres no treds on the tires but it rides very smooth no vibration or anything! I know the coolent has been changed he said he has a recipt for that but the oil I dont know about those reciepts being there or not! The car came from an auction in the Boston area it has a clean title it's not a repo auction LOL! Its a really nice car! I was very surprised it had so many miles! But they must behighway so you know that it never sat in traffice idleing for hours like I suspect my 94 did coming from new york and all!

user posted image

180,000 miles! That is alot of Kliks for 5-6 years! good luck!

I never said 181,000 miles! I said 161,000! LOL :lol:

user posted image

Yes I wasn't driveing but he had it up to about 110 MPH and the thing just glidded! Its a way better ride than my 94 is! My 94 is a little rough cause theres no treds on the tires but it rides very smooth no vibration or anything!

What kind of tires on it?

caddy.jpg

Greg

what motor dose your car have now. and why would you want to go from 105,000 to 161,000 that is alot more miles per year than your curent car has seen. i would also ask about the oil consumption. is it one court per 1,000 miles????? good luck ether way

I have wanted a newer style STS for a while now I just haven't been able to afford one this one I can really afford! I just have to sacrafice for lots of miles! I should be able to sell it for what Im putting into it im not going to keep it forever! :lol:

user posted image

Well I have thought it out and you guys are probly right! Thats way to many miles for a 99! I think I will keep looking for another one with less miles since this one has way to many! HA HA! It just seemed like such a deal that it was so tempting but I guess I just had to stop and think for a second! Thanks for the help!

user posted image

He's askin 6200 if I wanted to buy it! Its a realitive! I have no pictures one at night but you can only see the headlights so its pretty useless LOL! :lol: Im really disapointed I never thought there was anything wrong with that many miles being on it! The car was obviously taken care of to keep it on the condition that its in! I wish I had a picture of the interior it looks as good as it would have off the show room!

user posted image

He's askin 6200 The car was obviously taken care of to keep it on the condition that its in! I wish I had a picture of the interior it looks as good as it would have off the show room!

6200 $CAN or 6200 $US...

If its $6200 CAN... And you can trust your relative that the car as been babied and well maintained, I think you are making a mistake not getting it...

On the other hand I wouldn't spend much more than $6000 US.

One good rule of thumb is to talk to your insurance agent and get the black book on the car... This is the lowball amount that most insurance companies will quote if you total it... My guess the black book on this one is about $7000 CAN... If you are paying less than that you are doing OK.

caddy.jpg

Greg

Well the car came from an auction! Not a repo auction but people sell there cars through it! Its faster than havng to list them they just wont get as much money out of them! I would only put liyability on the car anyways cause i cant afford the full being 16 and all! So thats not a problem! I have drove in the car and i mean like I have never drivin in a 99 before this one but it just seemed to hug the ground around corners and was so smooth along the bumpy roads that are here were I am from! There was no vibration when he had it up to 110 so thats a plus and the car is in mint inside and out so it was takein care of! I have said most of this before but now I have it all in one post and Im just going to ask you guys straight up the ones who would know anyways is 160 000 miles on a 99 to much? Or am I getting a good deal? Thanks for all the help guys! B)

user posted image

I was just told by someone that the newer nothstars life span is excpected to be about 170 000 miles to 200 000 miles were as the other ones were something like 220 000 to 260 000 is this true?

user posted image

Ya I didn't beilive it either! SO do you guys think that theres to many mile on it? I was looking on the auto trader and there was a 99 STS with 159 000 miles and it was 12 500! Thats a little over price i know but its still on there!

user posted image

for 6200 that isnt bad Kelley blue book says retail value is 11,350, trade in is 6,035 and the Private party Value is $8320.

if the person that you were buying it from was a realitive i doubt that they will Screw you with a POS.

before you totally agree not to buy it maybe he could give it to you for 5800 - 6000

if i was you i would buy it but that my 2 cents

How do u pull the codes on a 99? I would like to do that and see if anything comes up?

user posted image

Info^ plus on/off at the same time Info ^ = NO On/Off = Yes

caddy.jpg

Greg

Thanks im writing that down! Im almost 100% sure im not gonna though after what i have heard i dont want to buy this car and down the road regret it cause i have a blown northstar!

user posted image

Archived