CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cup holder clip

Ive been down to the dealership and they have ordered 3 or these for me and every one works the first time but when I release the cup holer it seem to be the end of the clip. It wont latch in the clip anymore bc one of the srping loaded faces of the clip stays retracted. Am I the only one to have this problem?

When my clip is installed upside down it wont even latch shut.

Have you tried removing the latch and seeing if you can push it onto the plastic rod rather than vice versa? Is the end of the plastic rod dinged up or deformed? Is it the right pressure latch? In my search for a new latch I came across a lot that were similar but not identical. The number that fit mine is E4-10-201-10. The cup holder now works like new.

FWIW

YMMV

DFB

Ok I got it to pop out finally. Thats the first time its been open scince I owned the car. When I looked down the first time in it the spring seemed to be jammed. The cup holder would never release. How does the whole armrest unit come out so I can work on it? ANYONE?

Ours always broke. I fixed it. It broke again. And again, and again, and again. The stock cup holders, -- suck. Have fun and make your own.

Lift up the armrest and there is a black bar with 2 screws in it. Take them out. If I remember correctly that will let you remove the plastic bottom of the armrest. That will reveal another set or two of screws...youll figure it out. Very easy. The clip is on the back of the armrest once you take off the vynal top. Hard to miss.

LOL, Thanks. It just doesnt want to pop in or stay out. If I get it in, I have to have to use a ton of force to get it back out. I think that spring with the rod and the latch thing you guys were talking about is the culprit. If I get this dam thing off I'm gonna lube it too. Hey did you have any luck FlamingGoatBalls???

Archived