CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1/4 mile

airmike

Well I took the sd card back out to the car, so it will be a different day. Thank you Bruce, I may try you tube. I am headed to dr for shoulder operation in the morning, so wont be for a couple days, however I should have time in the next week.  I'll probably be giving you a holler, when I don't get it figured out lol!

• 2 weeks later...

The top slip is the one that goes with the video. You will notice the pdr says 12.6 and the time slip says 12.3223. That is consistent with what the guys on the ats-v forum stated. I forgot I was headed to the track today (fri) and filled up yesterday. Still had 3/4 tank, so that didn't help any! I thought I might try letting some air out of the tires and different rpm starting points, but too many cars for my taste, so 2 runs and I was done. I have a set of drag radials at home I tested to see if they would fit, (knowing they wouldn't) that I had for my wifes mustang. I may get them off and find some wheels one day to try again. Probably not, since pool is played on Sat and they are changing the fun drags to Sat now. Since the shoulder isn't in pool playing condition this week, drag racing got the nod :P.

Wow, Mike, impressive, that head up display is awesome, love how it kept shifting exactly at the redline.  I trust that is an automatic and you are not that good, LOL...   The track always looks like it is wet to me because its shiny, what would make me nervous

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Bruce, no on launch control. I really haven't played with it very much and haven't figured that out yet. Being the second one staged made it hard to get staged and the rpm where I wanted it, and then find the light. They start the tree very soon after the second car stages. The second run was actually supposed to be at 2500 rpm launch, but I guess I let off slightly when I looked up for the tree. They both ended up around 2000, unless I missed on the first one lol, I forgot the pdr on the first run. I had it on, until someone ran off the track when I was next in line and it was 5-10 minutes before we got called.

Mike the track was not slick at all. I think it doesn't look so shiny in the daylight. I also had my lights off both runs, don't know if that would make it look different. Yes auto. I consider myself a pretty good "grabber of gears", but no chance I could hit em that fast or accurate, though it would be fun to try. In my trans am, I would be afraid of breaking things dropping the clutch there. I have never taken it in the 13 years I have owned it, and its only 45 minutes to the track. Maybe I should take it, and break something, that would get me to make it faster!

The speed tells a story about the capability of the car, and the time says how the driver did.  Very good results for a very stock ATS-V overall.

The PDR being 0.3 sec 'slower' than the track suggests it is not allowing for rollout so that is interesting.   The track timer doesn't start until the car crosses start so there is a brief span of up to 12 inches of movement  before the timed run is captured at the track which is rollout. 

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

That's what I was thinking, the pdr timer starts when you actually push the pedal or release the brake? and the track timer only after the car actually breaks the beam. Having checked out the guys on ats forum I am slightly disappointed in the mph. I have seen 114-116 over there. I don't know what that means though. Temp was 75 degrees. I was intending to lower tire pressure in the rear, to see if I could lower that 60ft time, but just too many cars there. Today they are having the final points race, so many of the regular racers were there getting dialed in. With the tire pressure normal, it seems there is only .1 difference in my recorder times on the street vs at the track, which is very nice. I could definitely feel that .1 though B). One thing I saw that amazed me, a diesel 4x4 ford that went 11.70 wow. 

Mike, nice run(s), both very close (and pretty darn quick).  All that, and it looked like car control was excellent; great job.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Archived