CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Power Window problem 95 STS

Brian in AZ

HELP!!!

I have had significant problems with the power windows in my 95 STS, and some of which seem to be excited by rainy days. I've tried slamming the door closed while holding down the window button,and thats been okay for the back door..but here's the tough one. I pulled my driver door apart and pulled the window motor out, took it apart and cleaned the brushes and stator as best I could. But when I put the motor back in, the windows scisor mechanism seem to really flex the hell out of the metal of the door's inner panel (there's alot of movement) and there seems to be a sweet spot that it just makes loud grinding noise, then no more motor! If i replace the motor only am I going to be okay? HELP HELP!!

Sounds like the window mechanism is binding somewhere. Try lifting the window by hand with the motor disconnected and see where the binding is. I think the motor is shutting off because it is overloading.

did that...not binding at all. It seemed like it though before I had taken it all apart. as soon as it hit the "curve" in the channel it paused a bit before goin up. But after putting it all back in there, it sticks in a different spot. I just wanna see if there's anyone who has had this happen and have found a way to fix it. I dont wanna spend 120 bucks on a non returnab;le part if there's another fix.

Archived