CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

90 seville vats system,(orange wire?

Hello everyone, So heres the situation.My buddys caddy is doin the whole vats failure Im going to do the bypass but the orange wire coming from steering column has broke off at the harness block and i dont know what port it goes in?does anyone have wiring diagram or picture of this to help me so I can get it routed,this car has been a nightmare.Thank you all

Welcome to caddyinfo. 

Dont have a pic off hand but the pins should still be there. I am assuming the wires broke off at the pins. They should be right next to each other.

So you should see 2 pins missing wires at the black plug

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

The vats wires are in an orange sheething with 2 white wires in it. Follow the orange wire down the column and it will go to a bolt in bulk harness connector. Just before the bulk harness you will see the 2 wires separate from the orange sheething.

not sure. When the hush panel is removed below the steering column you will see a wide black plug. in the side of the plug facing the steering wheel(not the firewall) you will see 2 small white wires that come into a orange or black loom and runs up into the column. those are the wires you seek. 

Are you saying they broke off in the large black plug?

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Perhaps we have a candidate for getting a FSM for his car off eBay or equivalent.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived