CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Johan de Nysschen rebuts article on Cadillac plans

Cadillac planning:

We ARE planning a Cadillac flagship which will NOT be a 4 door sedan; <<Coupe, or Truck, or Sports car??
We ARE planning a large crossover beneath Escalade; <<expected XT6/7
We ARE planning a compact crossover beneath XT5;<< expected XT3/4
We ARE planning a comprehensive enhancement to CT6 later during life cycle;<< V8TT, planned hybrid, possible convertible
We ARE planning a major refresh for XTS;<< surprising, but easy since platform upgraded
We ARE planning a new Lux 3 sedan entry; << redesigned ATS replacement
We ARE planning a new Lux 2 sedan entry;  << new smaller than an ATS sedan

read more: http://www.thedetroitbureau.com/2016/08/expansive-cadillac-product-plan-getting-squeezed

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I'm guessing a coupe (for the flagship), we already had an inkling about the larger and smaller crossovers, V8TT that's a no-brainer for the new coupe (see previous prediction) and why not, the CT6 too.  The re-designs go along with the renaming of the ATS/CTS to CT3/5 (or similar).  The major refresh for the XTS will probably coincide with the new Buick LaCrosse (and that's probably a good thing; brings the tech and mechanical to present and addresses handling with the new 5-link rear suspension).   I'm a little surprised about a smaller (Lux 2) but maybe he's onto something (but passenger cars are on the downswing).

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Archived