CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

new ats-v

airmike

I've been looking for an ats-v for a while now and figured to buy a used one when the price got down. I test drove one in KC with the manual 6 sp, and  Recaro seats and really liked that. I decided I had to have HUD, suede steering wheel/shifter and Recaro seats, though i hadn't yet tried the cadillac seats. Many other things I would like but not willing to pay for them. I originally thought black only, but the electric blue looked interesting on the web. I took my buddy to Joplin to see a blue one with caddy seats and figured to see how I liked them. I decided I would like blue or black at that point. Preferred the Recaro seats, though the others weren't bad. They tried to sell me it that day of course, but it wasn't happening. MSRP $66,000 and wanted 25 and my xlr and mustang gt. I said $15 and then we left, when they weren't interested in that. A black one  in Wichita, that I offered 16 and my cars, MSRP 71 and he would only go to $18,800 so no go. I actually told that guy he should take that because I would be there the next day. Nope. Ok city had 3. One I liked MSRP $74. More things than I wanted to pay for on it, but all the things I wanted and the automatic, which I was ok with, since my wife would appreciate that and I still have the trans am to row gears in. I offered 17 for that one and they took it, so the next day (Saturday) my buddy drove one and I drove the other and got it! On the way I got to find out for sure that my xlr-v would out run an 11 mustang gt :)..A little more to follow.

After having the car home 2 days I decided it was time for a real cleaning. If anyone hasn't observed what a clay bar will do for your paint, you really need to investigate that. I know this car is new, but sitting outside for a while it was VERY tainted. I started with the clay bar (turned the shop music off so I could hear what was happening) and it literally sounded and felt like sand paper rubbing at first.th_IMG_20160802_1010590491_zpsjat7y85w.j

It quickly turned silky smooth though. Then it was time for the Zaino polish! Another big deal. I bought the Zaino kit for the xlr, but it got away before I used it on it. th_IMG_20160802_135710458_HDR1_zps2wdvwa

Here is a picture looking down at it, NOT a mirror!th_IMG_20160802_1357419501_zps9nom3cim.j

I'll be back later.

wow, congratulations MIke!!   Good luck with it! 

I love clay barring, what a glass finish it leaves.   Always wanted to try Zaino... 

Terrific Mike!

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Congrats Mike.  We chatted over the weekend but I didn't want to say anything until Mike could tell the story(!).  The carbon fiber kit front splitter is a nice look.  I think you will have a lot of fun with the ATS-V.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

After having the car home 2 days I decided it was time for a real cleaning. If anyone hasn't observed what a clay bar will do for your paint, you really need to investigate that. I know this car is new, but sitting outside for a while it was VERY tainted. I started with the clay bar (turned the shop music off so I could hear what was happening) and it literally sounded and felt like sand paper rubbing at first.th_IMG_20160802_1010590491_zpsjat7y85w.j

It quickly turned silky smooth though. Then it was time for the Zaino polish! Another big deal. I bought the Zaino kit for the xlr, but it got away before I used it on it. th_IMG_20160802_135710458_HDR1_zps2wdvwa

Here is a picture looking down at it, NOT a mirror!th_IMG_20160802_1357419501_zps9nom3cim.j

I'll be back later.

Thanks for the positive comments. Here are a couple pictures. th_IMG_20160802_143839174_HDR1_zpsqizb6m

th_IMG_20160802_1433037451_zpssyirqlbe.j

th_IMG_20160802_1433400721_zpseestc2se.j

Three black cars departed this week, only ones left here, and I like them all! th_IMG_20160730_1944133911_zpswsmmndt5.j

Texas Jim it is great to hear from you again. Are you gonna make the thursday chats again? I have missed for about a month now, hope to make it back maybe today.

Great looking Cadillac & garage.  Black is a good color for the ATS-V.    I am hoping to be on the chat tonight; I missed while we were on cruise, and then didn't do a show last week either.   

I think I have a LC3 supercharger for sale again if anyone needs one.

Bruce

I decided to give the zaino a try on the wheels while still new. Applied the same as on the paint. The wheels look great, just polished, now to see if they repel or help in the reduction of brake dust!. I only did the front for the time being. It seems like a good deal to compare with and without, though the fronts should get dirtier. I thought about doing side to side, but standing where I could see both wheels at the same time would make a better visual comparison. th_IMG_20160809_2049124191_zpsds8eroyz.j

th_IMG_20160809_2049236251_zpstqmj1whq.j

th_IMG_20160809_2049292141_zpsaspdklzs.j

th_IMG_20160809_2050437431_zpsfnrp2v0w.j

Bruce I am curious about your opinion of CUE. I haven't had any problems operating the system, and am wondering why the pundits continue to say how bad it is. I do see the

finger prints on the touch screen, but as far as actual use, I don't understand the negativity. A private message is sent your way also.

Airmike, I am new to the CUE fraternity (just purchased an XT5); I too don't see the fuss, in fact I like it.  I will concede that the earlier CUE was reported by many as slower than the current  one, and I haven't any experience with those, but two thumbs up from me (on the newest iteration).

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Same no problem with cue although I am still learning voice commands and when which optional choice is better betw bluetooth or carplay.  I do use siri to text via voice command thru the car sometimes if I am on the go.

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

Bruce, I have washed the car a couple times now since applying the Zaino. I can't see a difference to tell the truth. If washed at the car wash maybe, but i haven't been there yet, only at home with sponge etc.. I am impressed with the paint results though. It is easier to clean than any other car I have had, so I credit the Zaino for that. Still need to wipe it down to keep water spots off. I think I am going to go for the blow drier one of these days, rather than wiping. I don't trust using a leaf blower, because there is no filter and anything could get blown through it. I would like to know someone that uses one to try it and see the results, but don't know anyone to test from.

Nice report for the zaino then. I don't share that concern with leafblowers -- I suppose let it blow clear at first, but then you are holding it in your hand and have pretty good control over what goes through it. I have used my leafblower to air dry my Cadillacs before, but last time use microfiber towels.

Bruce

Archived