CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

93 Fleetwood Power draw Troubleshooting Help

1 hour ago, Fleetwood Slim said:

i was reading that it should be 50ma or lower

Where did you get that number from?  That would be great, the lower the better, if that is in the service manual we'll go with that.

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

Okay so i have torn the botom off dash off under column where the clicking of the relay sound was at.  The sound i was hearing when plugging the int lmp fuse in. I see the alarm cpu i tugged around to see if anything was lose. Didnt find anything. But i do somethings now when i plug in fuse relay is no longer clicking and i can leave fuse in. Just wish i knew what it was so i could check it out. 0.19

Okay, you got way ahead of me. 

I was wrong about the max parasitic draw value. I remembered it as the cold cranking amps divided by 4  BUT it is the reserve capacity of the battery divided by 4.

You will need to check the battery reserve capacity ( in minutes ) divide that number by 4, that will be your max draw in mA. As an example if your battery has a reserve capacity of 150 minutes the max parasitic draw will be 37.5mA or 0.0375

Sorry for the BAD info

Edited by OldCadTech

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

19 hours ago, OldCadTech said:

Okay, you got way ahead of me. 

I was wrong about the max parasitic draw value. I remembered it as the cold cranking amps divided by 4  BUT it is the reserve capacity of the battery divided by 4.

You will need to check the battery reserve capacity ( in minutes ) divide that number by 4, that will be your max draw in mA. As an example if your battery has a reserve capacity of 150 minutes the max parasitic draw w

Okay where i left of yesterday, It was down to 0.19ma and after finding that clicking alarm now works

there is 2 alarm wires with a resistor bent and placed into the ends. i am suspect of this wire for some reason and allways have been sense i fist spotted it.

every time the alarm tweeks out this is the first wire i go for. im wondering if this could be the problem. call me crazy but a two wires taped together with a resistor pushed into the end of 2 butt connectors dose not look like a reliable connection to me

That is NOT a normal alarm system install.

What is the  reserve capacity of the vehicle battery?

Did you ever get a chance to read the PM, if not plz do...