CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2006 DTS

Logan

I like it! While the 2000-current generation Deville has eventually grown on me, I still like the 97-99 generation the best.

I find it interesting something they said in the article: "limo firms tend to like the rear-drive layout of the Lincoln, rather than Caddy’s front-drive powertrain". I wonder why that is. Seems to me, the huge propeller shaft extension required for a RWD car would be hard to balance. In addition, I can't imagine a super long RWD car would be that great in the snow. The FWD powertrain of the Cadillac solves both of those potential problems.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Yes! I like it! Thanks Jason. Definitely going to get one. Now my decision is do I build another garage or trade my STS.

The new DTS shares more traits with the STS than the Prez's limo. Looks like 18"or larger wheels, nice ones too. Not much detail on exhaust tips but they don't appear too prominent.

Well, something to look forward to. :P

I really like it. My Dad is all upset about the redesign though... his DTS will no longer "look" like a brand new car! lol He bought the new Northstar badge to up date the rear, as it is a 2001. I told him he would have to update the Cadillac crests as well, but he seems satisfied with the $30 he spent for his "2005 DTS"!

Those wheels don't really look any bigger than 17's The tires look to be the same as the 235/55R17 on the current DTS, aswell.

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

Yes it defientely looks alot better than I previously thought, and the interior really makes me happy.

Its a little less "edgy" than the STS on the inside, reminds me of a DeVille.

Anyways, looks like I'll just be admiring them at the dealership.

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

STS Scott,

I don't know for sure. I've looked at the pictures and my STS in the garage and those wheels appear to be at least 18's. Anyway, I like them. Maybe someone can get the specs and clear this up.

The engine HP's (275 & 300) are exactly the same as current STS's. I was hoping they'd offer a 340. I wonder if they offer it with Z-rated tires as standard. I hate the wait on factory orders.

Archived