CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

steering wheel switch light bulbs

rhead007

This may not be a simple bilb replacement.

Many lighted switches have the bulb built into the switch cover, so the entire switch needs to be replaced if the bulb is blown - not a cheap job.......

Only one way to find out. Disconect the battery. DIsconnect the Battery. DISCONNECT THE BATTERY. Remove the air bag & you can remove the controles and see if there are replaceable bulbs there. Sometimes an LED can replace a bulb. There is also mention of a steering colum fuse. I dont know where it is or if it even effects the lights.

Good luck and remember to disconnect the battery.

• 5 months later...

my temp and fan buttons went out...I was hoping to find an easy fix here but sounds like big labor bucks... any idea what the book calls for on time ??

Russ

It is the same as the door switches...You have to buy the whole new assembly.

Sometimes you need to give us more than 5 hours to reply to your posts, as we do have lives, and are not glued to our seats 24/7

Big Jay :wacko:<_<:wacko:

Life is too short to grow up!

I have a spare temp/fan switch that was removed from an STS I used to have. I guess it was removed when new because it was replaced with the Onstar Phone switch.

If interrested, email devinoconor@yahoo.co.uk

K.O.T.

Only one way to find out. Disconect the battery. DIsconnect the Battery. DISCONNECT THE BATTERY. Remove the air bag & you can remove the controles and see if there are replaceable bulbs there. Sometimes an LED can replace a bulb. There is also mention of a steering colum fuse. I dont know where it is or if it even effects the lights.

Good luck and remember to disconnect the battery.

disconnect the battery and remove the air bag fuse.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived