CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Tech my 2 Rear bolts on ac compressor  are button type head look to be torn what's the best way to remove

They should be 45 torx, use a swivel with the torx bit an extension and you should be fine.

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

Let me verify, are you taking the small ones out of the compressor or the ones out of the engine block? The small ones are 30 or 35 Torx can't remember :(

IF they are stripped out inside the bolt center, that's a whole different can of worms.....

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

Tech appreciate your reply my mistake didn't see two 13 mm for ac Rear support bracket. Problem solve was on ground replaced compressor suction hose,drier. Do far have working ac again. They were t40  torx after unit is remove for bracket swap out for new compressor. 

But need a question answer tech 2.25 pounds my a/c system hold's is that counting compressor oil?

Yes, That is the refrigerant charge amount. When the receiver drier and the compressor are replaced they should both be drained and the oil measured. That is the amount to be put back in. I wouldn't worry about it though. If it's cooling and the pressures are normal you should be good. Most compressors come with PAG oil in them.

Tech the once again hate to bother anyone but just to confirm  basically did job myself including refrigerant r134 kept things simple. Yes,sir drier, suction hose, and compressor was change. My fill hose gauge was showing 47 in green area roughly 32 oz for 2.25 pounds everything seems good thus far my my temp gauge which stick in vent shows about 45 degrees set at 60 but when climate control is set at 65 notice temp gauge in vent goes higher like 75 could this be orfics tube wasn't change or climate control program box needs adjustment? Have no codes and so far no leak down from what can tell. Used 134 pay oil with dye. Hope my question is clear enough for you

The outlet air temp (45) at 60 is good. The outlet air temp at 65 depends on outside air temp sunload etc.. What is the outside temp where you are?

90 degrees today just double checking little bit more to story they ship me wrong compress mean while had old unit off bearing in clutch went bad so plan B action came into play used from bone yard could wait for other shipping delay. Drain oil from unit 6 oz 134 pag liquid with green dye oil the 2 3/4 12oz cans of refrigerant making close to 2.25 pounds engine fans are working no codes rear climate is working . looks like all is good Houston we have blast off.Grateful for your time also this site.

You're welcome ! Remember to keep the shiny side up ^ on the big rig :)

Yes sir 21 years now right side up lol  hate doing it now days I'm like Bob Fisher trying to find better way. Can't seem to post pictures under my parts for sale. 

Archived