CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Power Steering Filter Location???

I'm not sure about the 1992, but on my 1994 SLS, it is down low, under the right fender at the front, between the wheel well and the bumper. If you look under the fender at that point, you should see it. It looks just like an inline gas filter. If your car has a power stering fluid cooler, one of the lines comming from that should have the filter in it.

When I replaced mine, I looked up the part number & went to the local Cadillac dealer. He put the number in his computer and told me: "It is a good number, but we have NEVER sold one. We will have to order it." :blink:

I asked him if he thought that was true & he told me that he had been the parts manager for over ten years and did not know that there was such a thing as a power steering filter! :ph34r: (I try to avoid these guys at all costs now! ;) )

So much for "Professional Service and Parts". <_<

I hope that this helps.

Britt

Britt

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Stinkin lincoln, did you ever find that power steerin filter? I think I know where it is cause it looks a lot like the fuel filter, I noticed it on my 93 deville when I was doing a tune up and looked for it in the Haynes manual and they didnt say anything about it, I would like to change it though, so lemme know if you have any info on it.

Thanks, Jack

Archived