CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Ive asked before but i will ask again

I am takeing my car in on Monday for my new mufflers I am so excited LOL! What do you guys suggest flowmaster 40 series or dynomax superturbos? I dont want any thing that sounds crusty I want a nice clean rumble!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Do a search. There have been multiple discussions on mufflers! :lol: I would go with the dynomax because they are not too loud and are a little cheaper! I got a set of dynomax mufflers for christmas and they were $120 installed! Only took about 40 minutes! Make a chioce quick! Monday will be here sooner than you think!

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

Do a search. There have been multiple discussions on mufflers! :lol: I would go with the dynomax because they are not too loud and are a little cheaper!

How do you do searchs? I have never done one before!

user posted image

I can't seem to find anything that will help me see which ones are better who has what on here and are you happy with the results?

user posted image

I have a Flowmaster 80 series on my car. This muffler won't work on your car because you are super lucky and have a N* :D. But, I love it! It was exactly what I was looking for. Nice aggresive rumble on acceleration, and then falls silent in 4th gear. I love it!

I was going to get a Dynomax, but I read somewhere that they are thin and the fiberglass likes to blow out one them. A thin muffler and salty roads don't mix. They would eat it alive :o! So, that is why I went with the Flowmaster. It uses baffles instead of fiberglass and the metal is very thick. This is one heavy duty muffler! Plus, if I remember correctly, it has a lifetime warranty!

I know the position you are in though! It took me 6 months to decide what kind of muffler I wanted :rolleyes:

You might be a tad disappointed for the first month with the mufflers, but once they break in, they sound wonderful! When I first got my Flow installed, it sounded like a junky V6. But a month later, it sounded like a deep rumbly I am going to run you ova' muscle car!

Good luck!

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

You know...the Dynomax Super Turbo and Flowmaster brands aren't your ONLY choices! If you think that the Super Turbos aren't high quality enough (and I disagree, the Super Turbos are fully aluminized, and come with a lifetime warranty http://www.dynomax.com/warranty.stm ), Dynomax also makes the Ultra Flow muffler, which is fully stainless steel, and a different animal from the Super Turbo. It would probably be a little louder. Edelbrock also makes excellent mufflers. I have personal experience with those. Borla also makes great mufflers -- we've also had one of them.

In short, I think Dynomax Super Turbo is going to be your best choice -- it will be the most mellow, and should last you the life of the vehicle. Remember, it's also backed by a lifetime warranty.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Whats the part number on the dynomax superturbos that fit my car I might have to order them over the internet there aren't any really good muffler shops around here! They mostly just carry your regular mufflers!

user posted image

I got the DynoMax Super Turbo's for my '97 from Summitt for about $42.00 ea. I'm not sure if the exhaust is exactly the same on the '94, but if it is then P/N:17746 is the direct replacement. They may not be loud enough for some, especially at idle, but they really wake up when you put your foot in it! If I had it to do again, I might try the Dynomax Ultra Flow SS. The tech I talked to at Dynomax said they will be louder.

Here is a vid and sound clip of Sprucegoose's Eldo with Dynomax Super Turbos. It may help you with your decision. Many people seem to like the sound of these. Sprucegoose's Eldo with Dynomax Super Turbos

-kg

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Thanks alot yes I think that I will go with the dynomax exactly which ones are they? Anyone on here who remembers the part number? Thanks!

user posted image

Thanks again for hosting that clip Kger2. I had to listen to it again jst for grins! :P I love to listen to that cause I only get to hear it from the inside. I can never get my wife to nail it like that when she leaves to go to the grocery store! :D

I really am still very happy with my Dyno's. The look and sound as nice as the day I bought them. (just washed the car up today and I looked under there again) I know you can spend more money on a set like the Corsa's and Edelbrocks, but I couldn't justify that for my 12 year old car.

I bought a new digital camera and it takes much better movies with sound than that one, I'll have to redo it on a nice day when I can disable the traction control and open her up! B)

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Sprucegoose,

Let me know and I'll be glad to host your updated clips when you finish them. I play your dynomax clips now and then just for kicks and my fiance gives me the "what the heck is that?!?" each time. Guess the volume is up a bit too high. :D

-kg

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Thanks again for hosting that clip Kger2. I had to listen to it again jst for grins! :P I love to listen to that cause I only get to hear it from the inside. I can never get my wife to nail it like that when she leaves to go to the grocery store! :D

I really am still very happy with my Dyno's. The look and sound as nice as the day I bought them. (just washed the car up today and I looked under there again) I know you can spend more money on a set like the Corsa's and Edelbrocks, but I couldn't justify that for my 12 year old car.

I bought a new digital camera and it takes much better movies with sound than that one, I'll have to redo it on a nice day when I can disable the traction control and open her up! B)

How much did you pay for them? Whats the part number on them or do you know?

Thanks

user posted image

Archived