CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I love this car!!!!!

caddy_man2132

Hey there I am noy usually into street raceing but I had some freinds in the car I am 19 and they are the same age. So anyways we were driving around town with the stereo blastin and I was showin off doin burnouts and stuff then there was a 2000 Monte Carlo SS that pulled up beside me! He looked at me and I looked at him and my freinds were taunting him and stuff! He was about 45 it was pretty funny for us! So anyways he hit the gas and I was surprised but I did the same! It was neck and neck for about 4 sec then my car shifted gears and we were GONE!!!!! At the next light my freinds were yelling and cheering it was funny they were saying you just got beat by a big 4 door!!!!! It was hilarious! I love this car!!!!!!!!!!

Jason

That is awsome! Those Monte Carlo SS's are supercharged right? I raced a Monte Carlo SS about two months ago at the lights and he never had a chance from the beginning! The guy was a little younger though! I think it was his parents vehicle! How many freinds did you have in the car? That might even thing out a little bit!

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

Thats awsome I love raceing my caddy its so big yet so fast and handles like a dream! :D

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

I like racing too but not to much because eventually you will get caught or even crash and maybe loose you license! I got a warning from a cop the second day I had my license, I almost cried! LOL! :D I race a couple times a month if I am lucky! :lol: But I dont go looking for races! They just seem to happen! (I dont even know if you can consider them races but anyhoo!) :D

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

Ya same here I do drive my car hard and the load exaust draws attention so they seem to happen with me to! I would say 2-3 times a month to! Like you siad they aren't really races its more like testing the 0-60 on the two cars thats usually when I let off anyways if they wanna go kill themselves let them! Its so much fun doing WOTs though the hole front end lifts right up and you feel like your on a racecar LOL :lol: I think I will be selling my Caddy in the summer though then buying another one in December cause I love them so much! I will propbly buy a LS1 Camaro 6 speed 93-97! I just want somethin a little more sportyer for the summer but trust me there will be a Caddy STS in the driveway next christmas!!!!

user posted image

I have never drivin a standard transmission before! But I bet the 6 speed Camero would be wicked fun to drive!

I only drove a standard once for like 5 mins! A 2003 5 speed mustang GT I was only 14 and my dad test drove one and let me drive it! I was so happy but 3 out of that 5 mins was me stalling but I will have to learn HAHA! :lol:

user posted image

Oh boy, you guys are makin' me jealous!

I got a speeding ticket doing 82 in a 50 KM/H zone a fews weeks ago. It totally deflated my "spirited driving" nature! I had a Pontiac GP tailing me, so continuously was picking up speed. This was an a semi-rural road, in the middle of the city (if that makes any sense!), where the in-city limit of 50 KM/H is not practical to adhere to anyway. Oh well (~sigh~).

I am only 18, so this could have a big impact on me. We'll see how the lawyer handles it.

I don't mean to crash the party, but I think I'll stand on the sidelines for a while at a stop light. Besides, packing 300 HP, what do I have to prove to some fool that would race me anyway, right?

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

Yeah Chevy's suck anyways. I used to have a Monte Carlo. I'll never switch from Cadillac. I have the same one as you. 93 STS. Yeah, I've burned a few ricers in my time. LOL. Be careful though. You not only dont want tickets, but wou dont want to wrap too!!! Thats what I did to my mint condition "Sterling Silver" 93 DeVille. I will never forget that day. It kills my heart. RIP!!!

HAHA! I love giving occasional (daily) WOT. There is one particular street that hardly anyone ever drives on. I usually slow down to 35ish and then nail it up to 60. Then let off and do it again. :D.

Today I noticed something while driving that might help launching from a stop. I was going 55 and a 4-way stop was coming up. I put the gear selector in 3 until I was going 45, then 2 until 25, and then 1 until I was stopped. I then put it back in D and took off. The gas pedal was nice and stiff and it yanked off the line faster. Maybe it was just my brain playing games with me, haha!

Have fun and be safe ;)!

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

I was reading articles on why teens are so expensive to insure, They say that for each speeding ticket in a period of 1 year you are 100 times more likely to be found at fault in an accident. So don't get caught doing this. It's not worth the laugh when you insurance goes out of sight. But we all did it, I know. Just be on the alert at all times.

MC

I was reading articles on why teens are so expensive to insure, They say that for each speeding ticket in a period of 1 year you are 100 times more likely to be found at fault in an accident. So don't get caught doing this. It's not worth the laugh when you insurance goes out of sight. But we all did it, I know. Just be on the alert at all times.

MC

HAHA! I love giving occasional (daily) WOT. There is one particular street that hardly anyone ever drives on. I usually slow down to 35ish and then nail it up to 60. Then let off and do it again. :D.

Today I noticed something while driving that might help launching from a stop. I was going 55 and a 4-way stop was coming up. I put the gear selector in 3 until I was going 45, then 2 until 25, and then 1 until I was stopped. I then put it back in D and took off. The gas pedal was nice and stiff and it yanked off the line faster. Maybe it was just my brain playing games with me, haha!

Have fun and be safe ;)!

Does that really work? I will try that tommorow morning!!!! HA HA!

user posted image

Oh boy, you guys are makin' me jealous!

I got a speeding ticket doing 82 in a 50 KM/H zone a fews weeks ago. It totally deflated my "spirited driving" nature! I had a Pontiac GP tailing me, so continuously was picking up speed. This was an a semi-rural road, in the middle of the city (if that makes any sense!), where the in-city limit of 50 KM/H is not practical to adhere to anyway. Oh well (~sigh~).

I am only 18, so this could have a big impact on me. We'll see how the lawyer handles it.

I don't mean to crash the party, but I think I'll stand on the sidelines for a while at a stop light. Besides, packing 300 HP, what do I have to prove to some fool that would race me anyway, right?

Hey, I just saw you are in Windsor too, where bout are you? I am just at the university.

When I was 16, I was with one of my friends who had just gotten his G2. He was driving pretty quick through the middle of my hometown. Before you know, we saw cherrylights on behind us. Pulled over. "You've had your license for only 1month.... if you keep driving like that, you and your friends are gonna be splat on the side of the road.... i clocked you going 110 in that 50 zone..... anyways, take it easy, have a good night"

That was it!!

That would've been $500 ticket, and $999999/month insurance premiums. Saugeen Shores cops are much cooler than Windsor ones :D

-Chris

I live in a small town and one month they will catch everyone without a seatbelt the next they will crack down on speeding then parking tickets LOL! Its a small little town with a small population and it's pretty funny to see this!

user posted image

Having these fine Monte Carlos built just east of me in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada...

The Supercharger wasn't added to the earlier 3.8l 200 hp engine until 2004.

Your wonderous Caddi has at least 1/3 more stuff in her than the poor pseudo sports coupe.

I would seriously save the fuel and let the Monte drift away before I would stomp it.

I always wondered how GM could spend such effort on design and then NOT put the 5.7L Camaro/detuned Corvette motor in it... sad.

MP

What was the differance between the Monte Carlo SS and the RS in 2000-2003? With 520 pounds of extra weight It would be a closer race! The 0-60 on the 2000 Monte Carlo SS is like 7.9 sec!

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

Archived