CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Looking at DTS to purchase

I am looking at a 2007 DTS with 59000 miles for 10,900.  I keep looking at all DTS's up to 2011's too.   Which year of DTS between 2007-2011 are the most reliable?

I have a 2002 Deville now with 205,000 and I have put over 140,000 miles on it myself.  I like the Deville and cant see going with the smaller cars.  I keep trying to convince myself to get a new car like a Ford Fusion.  But, I don' think I will like it after driving cadillacs for years now.

Help me out guys!

If you have not looked at the XTS also test drive one of those.  In the DTS range 07-11 I would get the newest one that fit my budget.  Here is a cars.com search search

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Is there any specific problems to look for like the Head gaskets on the Northstar engines in the past years?  I am not up on all the issues not related to engine. 

Should I worry about mileage on like a 2011?  The only ones I could afford in the 2011 would have more mileage than the 2007, 8 9's.

Each year has incremental improvements, so my preference for newest.  The STS fron 05-11 actually has a longer wheelbase 116.4" than the DTS 115.6" so you might cross-shop those as well.  They can come with the 3.6L V6 or the RWD 320 hp V8.

but as you love the DTS easy to get another.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived