CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Lights!

caddy_man2132

Hey I have a question the warm button and the cold button. (The red and blue one on the instrument panlel) Hard to explain LOL! Are they supposed to light up at night because myn don't do this but I noticed my buddys 93 STS does! What would be wrong here if they actually were supposed to light up? Thanks

Jason

Yes, they should light up. Sounds like an instrument light(s) blew out. I have the same problem with a couple of buttons not lighting up. When I get a chance I'm going to replace the bulb.

Really? Wow!

I always thought those two buttons did not light up. I always thought to my self, they should have been designed light up, because the colours would look cool at night!

I'll have to fix that, when I take the dash appart to clean the gauge glass.

Check one more thing onto the "to do" list, I guess!

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

I tried looking in the archives for Logan's procedure, but could not find it.

It goes something like this:

-Slide the dash vents forward out of their "sockets' in the wood, this will reveal bolts that you must unfasten.

-Remove the defog vent on the top of the dash, and unfasten the bolts/clips (?) in this spot.

-Remove the top secion of the dash, to reveal the instrument cluster

-...go at the gauges from there!

I have not done this yet, so do not have any first hand expericence, I just pulled this out of my memory, so I may stand corrected by someone who HAS done it.

That is pretty much it though.

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

A I guess I will have to leave it! Thats way to complicated! I would be to scared of messing something up!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Okay thanks logan that looks a little better! Were would I go if the warm and cold lights weren't lighting up? Do you have to take the hole dash apart to do this for sure? My lights also don't light up!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Archived