CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Battery!!

caddy_man2132

I bought a 1000 amp battery at WalMart for $60.00 about 5 months ago and so far no problem. It's guaranteed for three years free replacement; thereafter, to my recollection, it’s prorated.

The best bet is to go to your local part store, and replace it there. They will match your battery with the exact same one for your type of the car, and maybe even give you some money for your old one. Don't just put any new battery in your car, it has to be the right type.

1960 Sedan De Ville (sold)

1970 Coupe De Ville (sold)

1987 Mazda RX-7 (sold)

Well I don't know about the lowest, but typically especially in terms of car batteries, the cheaper they are, The Cheaper They Are, if you know what I mean. You will end up with less cold cranking amps and the warranty period will be short, I think I have seen batteries with 36 month warranties, up to 84 months.

This is not an area to try to save money, if money is an issue you might want to visit a local scrap yard, they may have a strong battery that is very new for you.

Typically you will spend about $75 to $140 for the newer spiral cell technology but I am sure you could find a sale at Sears for less.

Good Luck, make sure you have the minimum cold cranking amps, Mike

So I think that I definitly need one you see the car will still start but alot of the time the battery will drop below 11.5 volts and the car won't start! Then adventually it will start! I need a new battery right! The car sat for 6 months so I think its a new battery but is there anything else i can do is there a way to charge the battery?

Check the battery connections for corrosion closely, especially the positive cable, it has two cables together. Watch how it comes apart and take the red boot off, BUT WATCH how it comes apart, there is a bolt, a lead lug, and a washer, white acid gets in there.... clean it out with battery terminal cleaner or baking soda and water.

Your battery could be taken out and put on a slow charge at sears or your local garage, that might be all it needs.. a long slow charge, and then they can test it for dead cells by doing a load test

Archived