CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Any artists here?

This probably sounds nutty but I'd love to see what my Fleetwood Brougham would look like in white diamond.. Any pros out there know how to make that happen?

Sal Collaziano

Cadillac Magazine

Take a digital image of it and manipulate the image in photoshop.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Sal, I have pearl white STS and I am very pleased with the color. It really makes the car stands up from the crowd. The darker colors including black will make your car look like Toyota Camry from the distance (the cars tend to look alike when painted dark or black). Just my $.02

1960 Sedan De Ville (sold)

1970 Coupe De Ville (sold)

1987 Mazda RX-7 (sold)

I love that colour I see it alot around here! I want my next Caddy to be the colour. Either that or a nice black!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Yeah, I believe it.. Somehow or another, even though it's GM, the paint really holds up on these cars.. White diamond was a premium paint option, so maybe it was a little thicker than the other colors.. All I know is, every white diamond Cadillac I see still looks good, no matter what year it is...

Sal Collaziano

Cadillac Magazine

.. All I know is, every white diamond Cadillac I see still looks good, no matter what year it is...

You know, I'll just have to agree with that... ;)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Bob D. Isn't it amazing how your 93 (or even a white diamond 92) STS looks as good as a 97 STS? It's been the same exterior the whole time.. And if it weren't for the 98 and newer looking different, it could STILL pass for a brand new car, if well-maintained...

Sal Collaziano

Cadillac Magazine

Take a look at the post below entitled "Painted my Allante" There's an artist for you.

I'm sort of an artist. But, probably not the kind you are looking for, haha. I call myself more of a Pyro rather than an Artist. I do a lot of glass art. I use an Oxy, Propane torch and melt gobs of glass and make cool things with it. This is actually my job. I own a small business that I run on the internet. It is great job for a 16 year old! :D

post-3-1107469180_thumb.jpg

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

I'm sort of an artist. But, probably not the kind you are looking for, haha. I call myself more of a Pyro rather than an Artist. I do a lot of glass art. I use an Oxy, Propane torch and melt gobs of glass and make cool things with it. This is actually my job. I own a small business that I run on the internet. It is great job for a 16 year old! :D

Thats awsome I wish that I could do that do you make good money at it?

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Yeah, I believe it.. Somehow or another, even though it's GM, the paint really holds up on these cars.. White diamond was a premium paint option, so maybe it was a little thicker than the other colors.. All I know is, every white diamond Cadillac I see still looks good, no matter what year it is...

White Diamond is actually a tri-coat system. Base coat, color coat & clear coat.

Bob D. Isn't it amazing how your 93 (or even a white diamond 92) STS looks as good as a 97 STS? It's been the same exterior the whole time.. And if it weren't for the 98 and newer looking different, it could STILL pass for a brand new car, if well-maintained...

Hey Sal. (Don't I know you?) LOL It is pretty amazing since I don't really work too hard at keeping it up. A trip to the detailers a couple/few times a years does it. Even the sales guys a the dealerships have a hard time figuring out what year it is, and when I finally tell them it's a '93 they just shake thier heads and walk away.

I love it.

I truly believe it's the quality of the paint from the factory. What else could it be?

After all, it is a Cadillac... ;)

user posted image

Hey Bob, what car wax product do you use for your car? Everything I found was for dark color or black.

Dunno. I let the 'pros' at the detailers rub on it.

I'll have to ask next time I'm over there.

user posted image

I'm sort of an artist. But, probably not the kind you are looking for, haha. I call myself more of a Pyro rather than an Artist. I do a lot of glass art. I use an Oxy, Propane torch and melt gobs of glass and make cool things with it. This is actually my job. I own a small business that I run on the internet.  It is great job for a 16 year old!  :D

Thats awsome I wish that I could do that do you make good money at it?

I usually make sculptural stuff, pendants for jewelry and those hemp necklaces, and marbles for collectors. NO DRUG PARAPHENALIA :lol: ! It is really fun. I started doing it about 3 years ago. I am not sure how much I make an hour, but I usually make around 1.5-2K a month. I am very happy with it! I have a lot of money stashed away for college and a 2001+ Black/Black STS, haha!

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

I do a lot of glass art. I use an Oxy, Propane torch and melt gobs of glass and make cool things with it. This is actually my job. I own a small business that I run on the internet. It is great job for a 16 year old! :D

How about a link so we can browse or is that against the board rules B)

Here is a link to our eBay store. There are buttons on the left to look at different things. I don't have any sculptural stuff on there because I would be affraid of it breaking during shipping. My stuff and my mom's stuff is on there. If it looks girlie, it is my moms. If it looks guyish, it is mine, haha! I hope this isn't against the rules. If it is, please delete the post.

My eBay Store

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Thanks! Everything is made in our basement, haha! Our house hasn't burnt down yet!

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

My father in law Works at Caddy as a painter, Diamond white is a lot more steps than plain white, It has a base, then a clear, the stuff that makes it look like metalic, and then more clear. I think he said it was like 7 steps in all. And a real pain in the but! He hates to do it! But he did mine for free 2 times in a year compliments of a deer and a red light runner. And, he says I am the only one to ever have diamond white door jams and under hood. Normally they just paint those areas white, but I told him it don't wax good so he took the extra steps to paint all mine and clar coat it. He said he'd never do that again. He's been painting for like 35 years and he dislike this color the most because there are so many steps and it is easy to mess up.

I'd also like to add that it cost a lot more as an option and it will cost a LOT more if you repair it. GM calls that you do a whole side top or whatever, they don't figure on single section repairs. (It won't match) So you not only pay when you order it, but if you wreck it. It adds valu to the car though, and it's worth it. It does stand out. I could not do just white after having diamond.

Mike C

Archived