CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Annoying Intermittents

WarrenJ

My "Baby" is developing a series of very annoying intermittents: horn, anti-theft system, fog lights etc.

I checked my service manual and found ALL of these circuits are serviced by the under hood relay bank above the driver's side fender. Of course, it's too inclement to do anything about it now, but laziness and the poor weather prompt me to ask if others have had this or similar experiences.

It strikes me as unlikely that a number of relays are simultaneously bad. I'm thinking in terms of a bad ground or, perhaps, bad relay plug-in contacts (these ARE plug-in relays aren't they?).

Any thoughts appreciated.

Regards,

Warren ;)

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I think you may have nailed it with the idea that its a ground problem.

I just did some bathroom reading. The horns and fog lamps in my 1996 manual are grounded at a common ground S108 (the main ground is G100). S108's location they say is "body harness, approximately 8.5 cm from conn breakout" whatever that means :blink: See the diagram below S108 is behind the pass side light assembly (see circle on car in upper left), hope this helps, double check your manual for the 95, I see you are on LONG ISLAND me too! Mike

post-3-1107349989_thumb.jpg

Thanks Mike.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived