CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Informal get-together

gygmy

I just want to throw this out there and see if anyone picks-up on it. How about folks who like this forum and would like too meet people who also like Caddys get together at a race at either Lime Rock or Watkins Glen? Race weekends are a blast for car folks and are really fun for letting loose. Lime Rock is our usual stomping ground,is a great ride with fantastic scenery. Have not gotten to Watkins glen yet but that might be better for more people and I want to go. Cadillac is back in the sports car world. It might be a good place to camp, talk cars, party, watch some racing. Also, do not forget to watch the 24 hr.s be comming up.

gygmy,

That's a great idea! I have just learned from Navion that

"there is another state park called Watins Glenn that has a walk through the gorge. It is beautiful and has several waterfalls. The trail goes under and behind the falling water in one place. Of course, there is the race track at Watkins Glenn also.

If you are interested in early aircraft, there is the Glenn Curtis Museum in Hammondsport NY".

I would definitely drive to any of these two locations.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Count me in!

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I would be interested. But what I really want to know is who's bringing the engine hoist, stock of bushings, tools, ramps, manuals, etc so we can make use of the available labor. :lol::lol:

-kg

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

I would be interested.  But what I really want to know is who's bringing the engine hoist, stock of bushings, tools, ramps, manuals, etc so we can make use of the available labor. :lol:  :lol:

-kg

Ill bring my tools! ;)

Let me know if you guy's get a meet together. I'm actually trying to setup one of those "Need Funds?" Krispy Kreme funding programs for several Cadillac meets this year...

Sal Collaziano

Cadillac Magazine

Always wanted to visit there, but in my Merkur. Of course, this STS is the car that made me want to sell my Merkur, so all is right with the world. What was that date again?

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Hey Mike, nice taste in women. I'll bring my wife, so no flirting for me. Gime me the exact time guys and I'll be there. I also plan to go to Montreal for Formula 1 race this summer. It is a nice ride from New York area. Last year I hit 120 MPH on my way back, and I was driving together with some other cars. All of us had a radar detectors. Anyone interested?

1960 Sedan De Ville (sold)

1970 Coupe De Ville (sold)

1987 Mazda RX-7 (sold)

I am currently involved in starting a Cadillac club in my area where I live theres currently only 5 cars and me. We are trying to get some more though through advertisment and just asking people that own Cadillacs when we see them LOL :lol: It's been pretty fun we started it in the summer and we will be starting up again this summer!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Looking at the schedual I would vote to get together at Lime Rock on July 1-4 because Team Cadillac will be running. Lime Rock is a really fan friendly track. There are great views from allover the track, infield and outfield. If you buy a full weekend ticket camping in the infield is free, plus you get the benefit of watching the race from your well stocked with food and beverages camping spot. They have got hot showers in the paddock you can use and there is even a swimming hole down along the main straight. The place is always a good party for car nuts. Team cadillac has a web site thats pretty informative and they have got some good photos and wallpaper. Just do a search on team cadillac to find it. Let me know if this July 1-4 date is good so we can see how many folks think it would work for them.

• 2 months later...

So now that we are a little closer to the warmer weather (hopefully) is there still interest in a "Caddyinfo" meet?

Perhaps we should make it a CAN/AM affair and have it at Niagara Falls.

Is there still a speedway there on the US side?

I am committed to attending the July 4 weekend race at Lime Rock. Hope some of you folks will check it out. It really is a unique place and a lot of fun. Right now I am going to be sticking close to home because one of the kids needs braces. That and the price of gas for the motor home has me hurting. Like I wrote before, getting a "formal" Caddyinfo meet together would be a real pain to put together and for my money just would'nt happen by just online comunications. If a number of us show up at such a venue as Lime Rock we can meet and greet face to face and possibly get something more "formal" going for the future. Any how it should be all "downhill" driving for you people of the Canadian persuasion. You could even meet Caddy nuts from such scary places as NY and NJ on the neutral turf of bucolic CT. Let's have some sunny days, in the 70's, with no bugs! Enjoy your ride.

Archived