CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Escalade 2001

ByStorm

Men and women of Caddyinfo.com

Is there such a thing as a 2001 Escalade? 

Hmmmm......

ByStorm.. :unsure:

Wow, I guess there was not! :blink: I really never noticed that, but your question urged me to check into it.

I looked at NADA guides and Edmunds and they don't list it! Here is what Edmunds had listed in the reviews for the 2002 Slade...

"Finally. The Escalade that Cadillac dealers have always wanted to sell is ready to tempt potential Navigator customers away from Lincoln showrooms. Although Cadillac managed to sell plenty of the 1999 and 2000 Escalades, reheated GMC Yukon Denalis (based on the aged C/K pickup series) weren't terribly appealing to the luxury SUV crowd, or to discriminating automotive journalists.

As the first truck-based vehicle in Cadillac's 96-year history, the Escalade is an attempt to combine the best features of a luxury car with those of an all-terrain vehicle. And we think that this new generation will find its way into the garages of those who might not consider themselves "traditional Cadillac buyers." We had an opportunity to compare the new Escalade with its chief foes - a Lexus LX 470, a Mercedes-Benz ML 430 and a Navigator - and determined that the Cadillac is at least as good as any of its peers, perhaps better, save for the Lexus."

That too makes it sound like they mad the big transition there from a warmed over Denali to a full Caddy rig. All the tooling up involved in the new model must have set them back a year. :unsure:

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Are you serious? Why would they do that? I never even noticed before!!!!! :huh:

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Are you serious? Why would they do that? I never even noticed before!!!!! :huh:

I believe they released the 2002 escalade with the new badging very early in 2001 or late 2000...hence no 2001 model.

Christopher Petro

94 sts

67 coupe de Ville

user posted image

That is the same situation as the "2004 STS".

There really was not official 2004 model, just the left over 2003s, to get rid of stock before the revamping.

Who noticed though? All eyes were drawn to the new 2005 anyway.

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

We had an opportunity to compare the new Escalade with its chief foes - a Lexus LX 470, a Mercedes-Benz ML 430 and a Navigator

IMO, the Escalade trumps any luxury SUV on the market. Where I am, there is nothing but Escalades around here, it is pretty rare to see a Navigator, let alone a *cough cough* Toyota...I mean Lexus.

Spence

You know I love Cadillacs, but when my father was looking a new vehicles we went a test drove a Escalade which is really nice but, it just felt cheap.

I kept thinking we were in a Tahoe, is just wasnt as nice as I thought it was gonna be.

My father then purchased a 2004 Navigator, dark green and he and I both love it.

I find it a very comfortable ride (wish the seats were like my Caddys) But the auto adjusting air ride is fantastic, 4 wheel drive is great, we even went to our hunting camp through the woods and my father is just plowing through huge mud puddles.

LOL All the other guys at our camp couldnt believe he was driving such a nice vehicle into the heart of the woods. They almost lost their minds when we put a dead deer in the back. HAHAH that was funny.

Its the same here as well, tons of Escalades, alot driven by middle aged woman in the big ESV.

Anyways Im rambling on but work is really boring today. :)

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

STS Scott,

I believe the final production on the "STS" stopped at the end of May 2003. So for 2004 everything else is an "SLS" that may look like an STS on the inside.

Peace ByStorm....

Archived