CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Snowy pics!

yenko

Advise from a photographer:

If your camera has a light meter built in and you can control the results, get up close to the car and meter from the car, ignoring the bright background. The background is exposed almost correctly (slightly over) while the car is underexposed and a lot of detail is missing. Try it!! You'll see, it works and I'll bet that car looks great.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Nice car!!! I hate the winter! I can only do WOT 25 percent of the time because of ice on the roads, haha! About the picture, do what Marika said. It helps a lot! Have fun and don't slide and crash into that huge snowbank, haha! :D

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

Just got a new digital camera myself (Minolta Z2) so I thought I would add to the snow collection! The Goose, Tahoe, and Firebird were resting comfortably inside while my kids Pontiacs accumulated a nice coat of snow last Saturday! B) We ended up with about 12", and of couse my snowblower took a dive on me!! :(

On the photography subject... I noticed the file size is huge on these pics that I was shooting at 4 megapixel setting. Is their any way to reduce that once you've shot them, other than reducing image size, cropping, etc? :unsure:

post-3-1107118498_thumb.jpg

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Sprucegoose:

Reducing the Size of the picture reduces the pixels. Some photo programs have a procedure for reducing the number of pixels without reducing the size. That makes them more suitable for sending in an e-mail and for posting as it cuts the transmission time.

For Yenko:

Another thing you can do in a situation like this is to set your flash so it is on whether the camera thinks it needs it or not. This will light up your car which is now in the shadows.

Both very helpful tips Dasher. Thanks! B)

'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Another snowy photo, the tired Jacobsen blower!

I resized to 4x6 and reduced pixels to 72 per in. on this one in Microsoft Picture It! Photo V7.0 I never even used that till now. I had been sticking with the default Dell Image Expert, but that didn't have anything to reduce pixel count. :rolleyes: Thanks again Dasher! B)

post-3-1107128221_thumb.jpg

Look at this one!!!! Its at night so you can't see it very good! We had alot of snow! My dads grand am was burried litarally!

post-3-1107129149_thumb.jpg

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

On the photography subject... I noticed the file size is huge on these pics that I was shooting at 4 megapixel setting. Is their any way to reduce that once you've shot them, other than reducing image size, cropping, etc? :unsure:

If all of you are running xp there is a great program that microsoft makes. Go to microsoft's website and search for xp powertoys. Download the picture resizer. What it does is, all you have to do it right click the pic and it will allow u to resize pictures very easily while keeping your original in tact.

Chris

Christopher Petro

94 sts

67 coupe de Ville

user posted image

I have that I think it works great! I would recomend this to I got it from that same website that you are speaking of!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Well, if everyone is showing pictures of snowy cars, here is mine! Taken last year.

post-3-1107131624_thumb.jpg

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

Archived