CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Keyless Question

chriskoc1

I know that the keyless entry receiver is in the trunk of my 1993 seville but could someone tell me where it is behind the back seat. I see the passkey module, a box that says boschin the center, a smaller module in the middle left, and a bunch of wires going into two modules at the bottom left hand side. There is a big gap like something is supposed to be here at the upper left side of the car when looking towards the car from the back. Thanks

How do you define the "receiver"? The antenna? If it is the antenna, mine is integrated in the buck up lens assembly (by the license plate).

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

An antenna is plugged in to the RKE module. See attached Photo of module layout in trunk, behind rear pull-out panel.

See also next post for additional image of RKE module closeup image.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

RKE module closeup image.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

I have a question what is the illuminated entry???? :huh: I dont think my 94 has that or maybe I just dont know what it is HA HA :lol:

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

I have a question what is the illuminated entry???? :huh: I dont think my 94 has that or maybe I just dont know what it is HA HA :lol:

When you press the transmitter to unlock the doors the interior lights will come on and stay on, for about 10-15 seconds. This allows you to see to get you key in the ignition with lights automatically turned on for you. If the transmitter failed to unlock the doors the door keyhole are also lit to help you get the key in easier. As soon as you turn the key to start the car the interior lights go out.

An added benefit is that the car is lit before you get in. If someone had gained entrance somehow and was trying to hide in the back to attack you, they would be instantly visible. Depending on your frame of mind, go get help or take aim on a well-lit target.

-George

DTS_Signature.jpg

Thanks.  I guess I don't have keyless entry then since there is a big space where it is located in the diagram.

I thought all of the Cadillacs had RKE. I could be wrong. Perhaps someone removed it before you got the car. Look carefully at the mounting area for scratches and previous srcew marks.

If items #4 and #5 are there, you could probably get an RKE module from a salvage yard and a key transmitter to get it working again. It is a very handy feature.

-George

DTS_Signature.jpg

the door keyhole are also lit to help you get the key in easier.

My keyholes don't light up what would cause this? I don't really need it because i have keyless entry but i was just curious? :huh:

user posted image

My keyholes don't light up what would cause this? I don't really need it because i have keyless entry but i was just curious? :huh:

The lighting filaments are probably burnt out.

How do I replace them???

user posted image

the door keyhole are also lit to help you get the key in easier.

Attached is an image from the Service Manual, of the Door Lock Control.

The light is a "loop". I would suspect a bad fuse. Check all of the fuses, in the trunk fuse block. Replace as needed with correct size fuse.

If the fuses check out OK, then carefully remove the door panel, and track the wires from the light "loop" to its connection.

.Check to be sure the ground connection is tight.

.If wires are damaged fix as required.

. Unplug the connection and reconnect a couple of times to scratch a fresh connection.

-George

DTS_Signature.jpg

Archived