CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Code question from new member

misfit

Hi everyone, I read in an earlier post about someone pulling up codes by pushing some buttons on the temp panel? Can someone explain? Also how do I reset the change oil message? I work at a salvage yard and bought my wife a 1996 seville that was a front hit ( actualy I've always liked this body style and, well, it went a lot smoother when I told her I was buying it for her. hehehe). Ive got it all done, painted and running, but now just need to chase down some electrical bugs. I need to get a manual. Any suggestions on manuals? Sorry about all of the questions.

Thanks for any and all help,

George Williamson

The factory manuals are a 2-volume set totaling about 4" thick. They cover diagnosis and repair of every conceivable problem with your Cadillac's powertrain, electronics, and body.

They can be found on E-bay and other sources (I got mine from factoryautomanuals.com). They generally run around $75 for the set (sometimes more, sometimes less). They are loaded with illustrations and step-by-step procedures. They make interesting reading even if you don't do your own work - it just helps you to understand the car's systems better. They are well worth the money!

Hopes this helps.

Good luck with your (wife's) Seville ;)

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

First you can go to this site and get a PDF copy of your owner's manual. When you get it, within ACROBAT search for Oil Life Left Reset, and you will find out how to reset it. Having the owner's manual in this format is very helpful..

http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/resources-cad.html#om

In the meantime press information until the OIL LIFE Remaining displays and press and hold RESET until it resets

Helm, Incorporated prints the factory service manuals for these cars. Too bad yours is a 96 - right now, Helm is having a $30 sale for all manuals 95 and earlier. I think yours is $135 from Helm.

Go to www.helminc.com for more info.

Ouch Jack don't rub it in....I have a 96 also... :lol:

Archived