CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Northstar Power

Scotty

I like to give em the old windshield washer treatment when they stay on my butt when I have no place to go. Just give your windshield an extra long washing and you will see them drop back and turn on the wipers. If they come back for another dose I let em have it again. This also works for the guys on the motorcycles, only they cant turn on the wipers LOL.

Jeff

...From then on I've always been a little cautious while on the road....You never know who your messing with.

You never do know...we live near a large enough city (about an hour from Raleigh, NC) to hear about murders and shots fired and police are still "looking for a suspect". That means the guy who's trying to get through just might be a guy who 30 minutes ago murdered someone and still has a few bullets left in the chamber. If I'm being tailgated, I make sure not to speed up, but I don't screw around with them either. If they want to pass me on a double-yellow, on a sweeping right-hander, with a headlight out, I'm going to let them. It ain't worth it to die over road games.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Am I a sick man? :unsure: Or am I just looking for an excuse to perform proper WOT engine maintenance? :)

I am young and I do the same thing but if anyone asks I am just doing it to do engine WOT maintinence but really I just love doing WOTs they are so much fun I love to see those RPM's way up there! LOL :lol: I don't know about some of you but thats me anyways!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

I tend not to aggravate people either, ya' just never know. That doesn't mean I won't react to obdurate behavior that's directed at me direction either.

I probably need to do more WOT, because it doesn't take long before the engine starts carboning up, using oil & blowing dust.

I always move to the right lane if it's possible to give a way to somebody in rush, or acselerate a bit to pass cars and then move to the right. If it's impossible I hit a brake 2-3 times very light, just enough to turn the brake lights on. It works.

The leaving a...hole in a smog of a carbon can give wrong idea to some people about cadillac's ride.

My father always said to me: Give an a...hole right to go first.

I try to do that usually, but I'm not perfect and often catch myself on doing wrong.

For example I hate when somebody try to pass traffic from the right then merge to the first lane. We don't do it in the supermarkets lines, right?

Next time break out the phazer Scotty, and give 'em what

they deserve. I'm talking a full power blast, not just a pansy

stun. But really, let the maggots go by at your convienance.

There are too many nuts out there and its just not worth the

risk provoking anyone. As others have said, it just might be

a cop tailgating you. Happened to me.

Next time break out the phazer Scotty, and give 'em what

they deserve. I'm talking a full power blast, not just a pansy

stun. But really, let the maggots go by at your convienance.

There are too many nuts out there and its just not worth the

risk provoking anyone. As others have said, it just might be

a cop tailgating you. Happened to me.

I have never seen a cop wearing a baseball cap backwards :blink: I really do try not to provoke, only when my son is in the hospital for 20 days with a 104 temp and I am on edge coming back from the hospital.. Photon torpedos would be better..

I have a question about the carbon in the car at WOT.  when i do that at my aurora i smell rotten eggs is that normal becaue my friends aurora 3.5 does it same thing but not as much.

rotten eggs I understand is a sign of a rich mixture, you should check your fuel pressure regulator, it might be leaky on hard vacuum

Scotty, the 2005 Mustang GT on paper is slower than the wife's 97 STS in the 60-80 elapsed time! I took the published figure for the GT, and my actual times that I did last week! Rolling at 60 and a WOT at that point is what I refer to here.

Wow. Everbody is torked over this subject! Tailgaters do suck supream hind tit. It is still no excuse to let yourself go whacko. Let them get killed. Give it a WOT. Get out of their way. Then hang back and watch the unfolding saga of the American road. Also I think I might add that, you all know this, different parts of the USA and the world have different driving techniques. It is always safer too go with the flow and do in Rome as dem Romans do. Here at rush hour people go as fast as possible with one car lengths between them. It is expected; not smart, but expexted. If you try to fight this you cause mass confusion and really bad driving on the part of those reagular commuting locals. We also have one of those modern marvals of highway engineering here we call the left lane exit. I can be going 90mph too keep up with traffic in the left lane and some oblivious pinhead will pass me on the right too pull into that one car length space I leave between me and the car infront. OK, different species, how about those "drivers who see you are sigaling a left turn into the fast lane, and the only way you can do it is by sliding in immediately behind the car that just went by, you be no fool-up to speed fast and yet the schmuck in a 20 mile line of bumper to bumper traffic tries to speed up and not let you in. Happened the otherday, makes you wonder where in heck he thought he was going and how he was going to get there any faster. WOW this does make yopu rant. Thanks Scotty!

Scotty, the 2005 Mustang GT on paper is slower than the wife's 97 STS in the 60-80 elapsed time! I took the published figure for the GT, and my actual times that I did last week! Rolling at 60 and a WOT at that point is what I refer to here.

These cars are fast and powerful in that range aren't they?

• 9 months later...

Question regarding WOT. I have 125,000 miles on my 01 DTS should I still do the WOT thing or should I let her slip easily into retirement. All of my miles are highway.

~for every vision there is an equal and opposite revision~

This is a good place for my recent observations of my 96 Deville.

Last night I had to drive a round trip to Brooklyn, about 120 miles at 11 PM at night. I don't know if its the cold air, the AC compressor not kicking in but my engine had so much power and is running so smooth.

I believe that part of this smoothness is because I replaced a defective tire and had my tires balanced and rotated. If you have not balanced and rotated your tires lately, do so, it makes a huge difference.

Its an amazing car

Most of the time when I get someone tailgating me I just move over and let them pass every now and then I just hit the cruise control and stay where I'm at Somtimes I get into the next lane let them pass and then give them a dose of taligating I hate the ones who get on your a-- and keep flashing the high beams. Those I let pass and hit my high beams and stay just far enough behind them to light them up.. Best to just let them pass but every now & then you run into a jack a--. One of the worst I encountered was a guy with a monte carlo done uo like a nascar numbers and all stuck on his car(#44) I played with this nut into a hard curve I got him good around the curve. He stayed on my a-- for a couple miles prior to the curve I slipped mine into second gear and I really plowed through the curve he didn't have the power to keep up and was pissed then following me for a couple miles afterward I blew him off but there is plenty of nuts best just to let them go. It all strated with the guy tailgating me for a couple miles I was doing 80 in a 55 zone then he pulls along side and give me the finger and he was a little smuck.I was in the center lane and the left lane was clear the whole time.That guy really ticked me off i would have sideswiped that nut in the curve if i had too to get around him. Sometimes it just ain't worth it..We came close he was trying to block me in the curve but it didn't work my passanger side mirror was about an inch off his drivers side mirror. I have not lost a side view mirror in a long time but i lost a few doing this type of BS

Jim

If I'm going seventy something in a 55 and I get tailgated I usually slow down gradually. It seems to piss the common tailgater off way more than dusting him. On occasion I'll let some one have it, but they have to earn it. A guy in a new 300 M tried to pass me on the right, litterally endangering any one trying to merge into afternood trafic on an overcrowded freeway. Now, in this case, I wasn't going to surrender my pride. We had about a quarter mile for me to catch up to the car in front of him, and cut him off. Nothing is more satasfying than the mighty Northstar pulling through 2nd gear at 85, it shifts so smoothly. I actually had to slow down a bit to retain the drama. Passing me on the right is way worse than tailing me. If some one wants to hang out back there, let em'. I'm not the one stuck behind me. wink.gif

--Ben

P.S. Scotty, the cold air does make for a smooth purring N*. This is my favorite time of year.

Archived