CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Blower motor case, hole on top of it.

brmurph

1998 Deville Concours.

Technically I believe this is called the barrier (outside insulated cover) where the hole is. Years ago the dealer did some AC work on my car and when I got it back there was a hole covered with black goo type tape. At the time I assumed they needed to make a hole for the service work but now I am thinking the case may have just been brittle (as we know they can get) and they did a patch job. This whole/patch is directly above the heater core, can anyone think of a reason they would need to make a hole for any type of AC repair? Also just under the hole in the barrier where the metal case is there seems to be a missing inspection plate ( at least it has two screw type holes and is a symmetrical cut out). Anyone think this is anything other then a brittle barrier and if so suggestions on best way to repair it?

Thanks in advanced.

On some models to access and replace the blower motor requires that the metal framework around it be cut and moved aside then resealed. The video's I see on the other hand show that once you get everything out of the way it just comes right out -- but that may be how the later examples work?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I believe it was an expansion valve they replaced when I noticed the patch. That video looks just like mine and is pretty much how I did it when I replaced the blower a few years back, I did not have to cut anything luckily. For those that are interested if you go to 1:41 on the video and look to the left of the blower and directly behind the coil pack you will see a large flat spot on the cover, that is where the hole I am talking about is on mine.

That was an access hole to check the condition of the evaporator core. Gm made a simple patch kit to cover up the hole. The kit consisted of a plastic tray and 3 black screws. Or, some tech just got lazy and filled the hole with the black playdoe like substance.

That was an access hole to check the condition of the evaporator core. Gm made a simple patch kit to cover up the hole. The kit consisted of a plastic tray and 3 black screws. Or, some tech just got lazy and filled the hole with the black playdoe like substance.

Thanks. That makes sense and is pretty much what it looks like, gives me hope that my case/barrier is still good. Any idea on the part number for the patch kit?

Archived