CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Plug wires

scottshoe

I was wondering if anyone has tried the Accel 300+ wires on their cars? I see they are 8.8mm and they have very little ohm-resistence per foot. I think you have to crimp the coil ends on yourself. I am doing mine this weekend and I think I will go with the Bosch ones from a local place due to the lifetime guarantee. (unless someone tells me the Accel are superior)

I knwo that the Northstar doesn't like bosch spark plugs very well, but I'm not sure about the wires. Overall, nothing out there really outperforms the AC Delco wires and plugs. They are very high quality, which is why they have a recommended life of 100-150k miles (can't remember which). This is longer than most other stuff out on the market. Your not going to see any performance gains just from switching spark plug wires.

Personally I would go with the AC Delco wires. With all of the sensors and electronics not to mention that the blower motor is sensitive to high voltage EMF, I would want to stick with the OEM wires and be safe but that's me. Others here have used aftermarket plugs and wires with success, but with the extensive testing that has been done on this engine if there was something better I am sure that it would already be included. As Guru once said, not much was left on the table in terms of potential performance increases. See for me, six months after I replace the wires, if I get a miss I don't need to think about the wires because they are AC/Delco, but, if they were aftermarket wires, I need to think about them....

Archived