CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

OEM 6x9 and 5x1/4 speakers

I have the factory speakers out of my car I replaced them with infinity aftermarket speaker if anyone is interested make me an offer on them. They sound great I just wanted to replace all my speakers!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

O ya no picture at the moment but if you need to see a pic of them first I am getting a new digital camera soon and I can put them up then! Sorry!

user posted image

Ya I think they are my car had the cd/tape player in it. It sounds great I just wanted to replace the whole sound system in my car and all the original wireing so I just got new speakers.

user posted image

How do you like the Infinity speakers, I am looking at the Infinity component speakers for my front doors...thanks

They are awsome I noticed a very big difference I think you'll like them!

user posted image

I have the Bose Gold series in my 94 STS. I was thinking about changing them also, front and rear. I was hesitating, because i heard stories from people saying, if you change the speakers, you have to change the whole system. Each speaker has it own individual amp on it. I thought i can just put new speakers in place of the original. Hey the system is 11-years old, the radio still plays good, but i'm sure the speakers are getting tired now.

I have the Bose Gold series in my 94 STS. I was thinking about changing them also, front and rear. I was hesitating, because i heard stories from people saying, if you change the speakers, you have to change the whole system. Each speaker has it own individual amp on it. I thought i can just put new speakers in place of the original. Hey the system is 11-years old, the radio still plays good, but i'm sure the speakers are getting tired now.

The Bose system you have now is still a realy great sound system even though it is 11 years old! The factory amp in the trunk is the biggest problem when installing an aftermarket head unit!

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

Well it's just a problem by passing it once you do that there's no problem at all. You can install your speakers and all that!

user posted image

O ya and I forgot to add this in my last post I have sold the speakers in the local buy sell and trade! :D

user posted image

I guess in this instance its good that I dont have a BOSE system in my car, replacement speakers should swap right in. cadillac_caddy_sts, did you use the component infinitys, (separate woofer and tweeter)..? If you did, where there any problems putting the new tweeter in the standard tweeter location on the door?

Or did you just use a two way and abandon the tweeter location? Thanks, Mike

Archived