CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Mufflers

Jan Olsson

I am searching for the part numbers for the OEM mufflers.

Does anyone have them? I believe there should be 3 numbers. One for the complete assembly (left/right + intermediate pipe), one for if I order just the left muffler and one for the right one.

My old ones are not what they used to be.

The left one is spitting and the right one is ratteling

I have welded them both two times already ( the sheet metal around them only) and they are litterarly falling apart.

I´m not interested in the loud and cool stuff...they already sound like that B)

I am searching for the part numbers for the OEM mufflers.

Does anyone have them? I believe there should be 3 numbers. One for the complete assembly (left/right + intermediate pipe), one for if I order just the left muffler and one for the right one.

My old ones are not what they used to be.

The left one is spitting and the right one is ratteling

I have welded them both two times already ( the sheet metal around them only) and they are litterarly falling apart.

I´m not interested in the loud and cool stuff...they already sound like that B)

Aren't the OEM mufflers more than the performance ones? That is what I was told anyways because I need new mufflers and I would put the OEM on but I thought that they cost more!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

They cost more alright and they doesn´t have the higher chrome percentage that comes with many other manufacturers exhaust systems.

But it is the OEM stuff built after Cadillacs specifications. I would like to get my car to sound like it is intended to if it isn´t going to cost me too much. Since the parts are really expencive here in Sweden I wanted the part no to check on a site I found for parts here.

The exhaust systems for the Volvo 850 are so uncommon to be replaced that Volvo brings back some of the catalytic converters on early 90s cars for free when the car is in service, just to check the monolith cells (the ceramic stuff in it) in it for reaction ability.

The material in those ones are rated at 12% Chrome and the percentage has increased over the years and are now over 21%.

Hi, I am another Jan in Sweden ,

You can get the original Mufflers (or could a year ago) from Klintberg and Way

for around 500 resp 800 dollars for the different sides - thats for the 93 Eldorado- maybe the STS is different. Our other parts company Hansen Racing has a replacement that's not to bad. The best is to save your old stainless muffler ends

and reweld them to the new mufflers. /Jan Linderholm

Thanks for the info. I never buy parts from Klintberg och Way anymore.

I buy from Autoteamet i Fosie instead, they order the parts from Klintberg och Way and still I´m able to get the parts cheaper than if I ordered directly from them :)

If your in sweden and it is going to cost you $800 for mufflers buy the corsa cat back system for $1000! If I was you I would buy dynomax turbo mufflers for $40 each and go on with life they sound a little differrant than the ones you have know but thay sound good every one that has tried these mufflers loved them. For the money and the perfomance I would go with those. good luck!!!!!

I agree completely with you there. Theres no point to putting the OEM mufflers back on your car when you can get a better sound and better perf out of something for a fraction of the coast!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

I'm lovin' my Flowmaster ;) . Although that is the loud boomy muscle car sound that you don't want B) . I hope you find what you are looking for!

-Aaron

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

I have the Corsa system on my 99 STS and can't say enough good things about it. Better sound (check out the sound at corsaperf.com), better performance and they are all stainless steel. Good luck.

Thanks for the inputs everyone

I didn´t feel good about buying mufflers for 800$ or the replacement from Walker at 600$ as neither of those are stainless :( (I only have had bad experiences with Walker stuff) so I decided to order some mufflers in stainless steel with 6 years warranty from a Swedish company instead.

They should arrive today, price about 240$

These are not full flow, they are triflow which should give me a ride

I enjoy to drive fast AND quiet ;)

Archived