CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

cat converter

sts man

It sounded like I had alot of rocks in the cat.Every time I reved it up it sounded really bad.So I replaced it with a catco cat from summit racing .cat was about 4'' shorter than oem it sounds a bit deeper but it seems to pull harder at wot I'm happy with it.So far I have the high flow cat 3" after cat to res I left the oem y pipe to dynomax turbo mufflers I removed the res under the air intake box k&n air filter I also removed the res on the top of the air intake hose between the mass air sen and the air filter box and capped it off it kind of works like cold air intake.I also upgraded to 18"wheels with 245 45 zr 18" conteintal extreme contact tires it feels good. :P

It sounded like I had alot of rocks in the cat.Every time I reved it up it sounded really bad.So I replaced it with a catco cat from summit racing .cat was about 4'' shorter than oem it sounds a bit deeper but it seems to pull harder at wot I'm happy with it.

I replaced my OEM cat with a high flow cat some time ago, and posted the same results, .... it appeared my car was pulling stronger at WOT, and got replies I must be exagerating, .....a cat. replacement would not do that. I'm glad to see someone else has the same "imagination" I have!!!

Thats awsome I wouldn't mind replaceing myn when I get new mufflers which will probly be in the spring sometime.

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

If the cat goes goes bad you have no choice but to replace it. But I replaced it with a high flow cat that flows about 50% more than the one that came from the factoy (OEM). It is a bit louder and deeper. But at a stop and floor it to wot it's fun and seem to pull harder to readline. :lol: I dont know how much extra HP it will give you but with all the mods I have done it seems that they all enhance the other.

I'll dig around and try to find the part # . If you want you call summit racing and a tell them what car you have and they'll send you the right cat .don't ask for the shortest one because it wont do it's job correctly, the one I bought is 3" in 3" out the hunnycomb in side is about 8"long OEM is about 15" the over all lengh of body with out flange is about 13". So that will tell you that it flows alot more tham OEM.

Why would you replace it? Does it need to be replaced? How effective would an aftermarket cat converter be compared to the stock cat? Do they create a louder exaust tone? :huh:

Myn is getting a little old and I have heard before this that your car will pull a little harder when you replace it. Thats not the only reason im doing it but myn sometimes sounds like theres little rocks in it when i rev up my car so i figured ill replace it with a perf one!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

My converter has 2 sensors attached to it, does the Summit converter have places for these? I've got the Corsa exhaust and can't say enough good things about it, I would like to get the extra flow from a hi flow cat to top things off. Thanks.

Archived