CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac Man finds his fave -- a '48 convertible

The 1948 Cadillac was General Motors' first all-new postwar model. It was the car that started the tail fin craze when GM stylists were inspired after viewing the Lockheed P-38 fighter plane. The 1948 Cadillac was the style setter, as most of the cars built by American manufacturers in the 1950s and 1960s had tail fins following Cadillac's lead, even the very inexpensive Henry J built by Kaiser-Frazer.

Read more: http://www.eastbaytimes.com/tri-valley-times/ci_29852715/me-my-car-cadillac-man-finds-his-fave

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

DSC09941.jpg

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Here we go

20160509_060628_CCT-MMCAR-0509-041452.jp

A photo is taken of a 1948 Cadillac Convertible owned by Bob Miller from San Rafael. Miller bought this Cadillac Convertible in 1995 for $23,000 (about $36,000 in today s dollars). (Photo by David Krumboltz)

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

There are some great photos on the Motorera pages on Cadillacs. The photos page for the 1948 Cadillac is here:

http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/cad1940/48photos.htm

Near the bottom of the page there are three photos of a two-tone orchid roadster with custom bodywork and grille. The broad chrome stipes on the front fenders are a trademark of a noted coachbuilder of the time.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived