CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1993 cadillac sedan Deville

Sorry Mike I was a little fuzzy on the disable of the light.

1991-1993 Cadillac Deville (with Computer Command
Ride or CCR)
Per the GM TSB 00-03-11-001 (August 2000) and Service
Manual page 8A-43-0. Modification of wiring harness and
installation of relay required to the control module for the
suspension. The Control Module location varies between
models.
Cadillac Deville: In trunk area behind the right hand side trim
panel or on right side of rear seat support front trim panel.
Locate and cut circuit 1300 (dark green wire) at the control
module (pin CIS)
* This will disable the indicator lamp.
* Tape wires back into harness to prevent shorting to other
components

The TSB 00-03-11-001 ;

Info -- Procedure to Disable Illumination of Service Indicator AFTER installing Passive Struts #00-03-11-001A
Applies to:

1989-1992 Cadillac Allante
1991-1993 Cadillac Eldorado, Seville
1991-1995 Cadillac DeVille

This bulletin is being revised to clarify when this bulletin may be used to turn the service suspension lamp off. Also, a step has been added to the 1991 Cadillac Eldorado and Seville repair. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 00-03-11-001 (Section 3 -- Suspension)

Some owners may bring their vehicles in for service with an illuminated service suspension light. The service suspension indicator lamp is telling the owner that the vehicle is due for strut/shock replacement, a maintenance item. The customer may elect to have passive struts installed in their vehicles due to the repair cost savings and/or parts availability. The installation of passive shock/struts will result in handling characteristics which are the equal to a like vehicle without the computer controlled ride, with all other components such as tires, tire pressure, springs, etc. being equal. The installation of (4) new passive struts will cause the continued illumination of the service suspension indicator. If desired by the customer, the service indicator may be disabled AFTER THE INSTALLATION OF THE (4) NEW PASSIVE STRUTS, using the appropriate service procedure listed below. This bulletin DOES NOT authorize this procedure unless (4) NEW PASSIVE STRUTS WERE INSTALLED ON THE VEHICLE.

The wiring harness going to each strut and or shock assembly should be cut and taped back to clean-up the appearance both under the hood and under the vehicle. In addition, each specific vehicle will require a modification as outlined below:

1989-1992 Allante with Speed Dependent Damping (SDD): Refer to the Service Manual page 8D-13 (1989) or 8D-14 (1990-1992). On these vehicles, adjust the BCM Override value "BS08". To do this, use the warmer/cooler button on the CCDIC to decrease the BCM override value "BS08" which is displayed when you enter the system by two(2). When the desired number is displayed on the CCDIC, it must be stored by holding the "Elapsed Time" and "Fuel Used" buttons until the new value flashes on and off. When it flashes on and off, the new value has been stored.

1991 Eldorado and Seville with Computer Command Ride (CCR): Refer to the Service Manual page 8D-12. Set the BCM override value BS09 to 0 by using the warmer and cooler buttons. Store this value by pressing the Econ button on the climate control panel and the Instant Econ button on the Fuel Data/Drivers Information Center for about five seconds. The new value will be stored even through the indicator does not flash. Remove the key from the ignition. Disconnect both battery cables from the battery. When both cables have been disconnected, touch the ends of the cables together and hold for five seconds. This will discharge the capacitors in the system and allow the system to perform properly when the battery cables are reconnected. Advise the customer they will have to reset all radio stations and clock.

1993 Eldorado and Seville with Speed Sensitive Suspension and 4.9L Engine Only: Refer to page 8A-43-6 in the 1992 Eldorado Seville Service Manual.
Cut Circuit 1020 (PINK)
Attach the IPC side of circuit 1020 to relay pin 87A
Attach the module side of circuit 1020 to relay pin 86
Run a ground wire to relay pin 30
Run a wire from a switched ignition (hot in run) source to relay pin 85.

1991-1993 DeVille with Computer Command Ride (CCR): Refer to the Service Manual, page 8A-43-0. Cut Circuit 1300 (Dark Green wire) at the CCR module (Pin C15) to disable the indicator lamp. Tape the wires back into the harness to prevent shorting to other components. 1994-1995 DeVille with Speed Sensitive Suspension (SSS) and 4.9L Engines ONLY: Refer to the 1994 Eldorado, Seville, DeVille Service Manual, page 8A-43-14:
Locate and cut circuit 370 (RED)
Attach the IPC side of circuit 370 to pin 87A of the relay
Attach the module side of circuit 370 to pin 86 of the relay
Run a ground wire to relay pin 30
Run a wire from a switched ignition (hot in run) source to relay pin 85.

The following part numbers are required to make the correction on the 1993 Eldorado/Seville and the 1994-1995 DeVille:
Part Number Description Qty
12193601 Relay 1
15306045 Connector 1

So you install a relay not a resistor.

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Fantastic John

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

This chart should be in your service manual.

2012-06-27_075156_dispd1a_zps0mlyr3ai.jp

In the service manual C-1a says to remove both displays panels and install the panels to opposite connectors, turn on ignition. If the same panel displays C replace the display. if the opposite panel displays C . repair open in ckt 713 to harness affecting the display panel. on my way out to check this. I did also find a chart to test the plug in at the FDC and it passed the voltage test. In the test there are two tests that have you prob the brown (battery voltage) to the black with a white stripe wire as there are two black white striped wires I figger that is a test for ground??? and both displayed battery voltage??

I couldn't find Chart C-1a.

I'm still of the opinion it is a ground problem but you need to follow the procedure in chart c-1a.

The "C" is a failure indicator - it could be a panel problem but I've had this same condition in the past and it was mostly ground problems a couple of panel failures but they were usually burnt wires at the connector. Remove the grounds and inspect the connections for corrosion, broken wires or partially broken wires. The other grounds behind the drivers side kick panel need to be checked and the one you tightened before needs to be checked again.

I have been a bit busy but I did the tests in the service manual one being the test on the plug that the FDC plugs in to and my results are the plug passed. So I moved on to switching the ECC with the FDC where they plug in to, when I plug the ECC in to the FDC plug and the FDC into the ECC plug the ECC lights up but the problem is with the FDC when it is plugged in to the plug for the ECC there is no change in the FDC meaning as it has two sides to it looking at it on the left side gives readings such as miles/gallon or distance to empty, on the right side of the FDC tells how may gallons of fuel left in the tank the left side is black and the screen on the right side shows the letter C. Back to the service manual from what I can understand it is telling me to now replace the FDC The FDC has a sticker on it saying it had been rebuilt but no date the car is a California car with 56 thousand miles on it.

Yes, replace the FDC, you confirmed the problem was in the FDC :)

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

I will try to get a new one and report back I do not like it when some one gets so much help and not at least give an up date, just rude in my mind. But I would like to say thanks very much for all the help and that old caddy tech knows his stuff for sure

He sure does and we are glad to have him.

I agree with the need to update the thread to completion, to complete the circle. I at times will send members PMs and ask them to provide the final chapter to their problem, was it solved and how?

By the way, you deserve credit also, the term bird dog comes to mind, you stuck with it, did not gripe or appear frustrated and that's to be commended.

I am following a terrific auto electronics diagnostic techician/teacher on youtube, his name is Daniel Sullivan, he actually patented a voltage drop probe for testing circuits that is mind blowing. I can't get enough of his classes and videos, he is an innovative thinker who takes it to the next level. I have even began studying the math side formulas and theories, ie, ohms law, Kershaws law, etc. I have been reading about voltage drop since I was a kid, this guy explores it on a high level.

I think I mentioned it previously but http://www.car-parts.com may be able to help you get the part you need.

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Yes you gave me that address earlier and thanks. I have found a 1992 Deville about 5 or 6 miles away from me just have to contact them and get the details on if it works and how much. I do lurk in here from time to time and enjoy reading the situations of outher owners face I think I have said great place very good people thanks you have made me feel very welcome and I will up date as soon as I get a FDC and get it in.

Just like him to modest thanks again Old caddy Tech . I am trying to get a good FDC now and will report back

• 2 weeks later...

To-day I picked up the FDC that I found at the wreckers and place it in my Caddy and all is well and back together so thanks guys we can put this one to rest. I hope you guys do not mind If I hang around I really do enjoy this place. Thanks again

7 minutes ago, red-oak said:

To-day I picked up the FDC that I found at the wreckers and place it in my Caddy and all is well and back together so thanks guys we can put this one to rest. I hope you guys do not mind If I hang around I really do enjoy this place. Thanks again

Great news ; I hope it stays fixed.  Stay, invite your friends - our Cadillac Knowledge & community expands with each participant.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Glad to hear it, thanks for sharing your repair

Archived