CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Reuters: No Cadillacs for old men in China

Cadillac says the average age of a buyer of its cars in China is 34, little more than half the average age in the U.S.

"In China, young buyers already dominate the luxury market. Since Cadillac is a relative newcomer ... it was far easier to begin to cultivate the desired positioning for the brand from the get-go," Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen told Reuters.

Read more: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-autos-china-cadillac-idUSKCN0WP2Z2

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I "woke up" to Cadillacs in 1957, when somebody's daddy asked to enter his daily driver in our high-school-kids-drag-race contest. The hottest cars were the 1957 Chevy coupes with the 283 hp fuel injected 283 cid engine and three on the tree. He rolled his pink-with-white-top Cadillac with the snazzy fins and automatic transmission up to the line and took top time of day with one run.

He showed the car with the hood up after the race. It had the 325 hp engine with the factory dual four-barrel carburetors.

I did recall the Cad-Allards at the airport race track competitions from my younger days but I had no idea what that was all about at the time.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.