CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1995 cadillac sedan deville in dash radio wires cut need color code

My there are no plugs in the dash for radio need to know the color code it's for a active audio system other sites say there is a pink wire and so forth but my wires don't match the colors that the other sites say please help I want to put in a after market radjo

I'm not absolutely sure about 1995 models but radios in E/K platform Cadillacs from 1997, and probably back to 1993, put the radio controls and dials in the console/dash, but the actual radio is behind the back seat. The premium radios and the Bose radios had active speakers. There are scads of radios available, and the one that came with your car will be given as an option. Look on the sticker under the spare tire cover for a list of options. Examples of radio options are

U1L Radio AM Stereo/FM Stereo, Seek/Scan, Auto Reverse Music Search Cassette, CD, Clock, ETR
U1R Radio AM Stereo/FM Stereo, Seek/Scan, Auto Reverse Music Search Cassette, CD, ETR
U1S Player Multiple Compact DISC
U1Z Player Multiple Compact Disc, Passenger Compartment
U2K Digital Audio System S-Band [sirius XM radio, 1998 and newer]
U3Q Radio AM/FM, Stero, Seek/Scan, CD, DVD, NAV, Clock, DSP W/Voice REC MICRO
U3R Radio AM/FM, Stero, WX, Seek/Scan, CD, DVD, NAV, Clock, DSP, W/Voice REC MICRO
U45 Radio AM, Stero/FMM, Stero, WX, RDS, CD, CDROM Navigation, Clock
U57 Speaker System Bose, 8, Dual F/D Pillar, Dual FRT DR MTD Dual RR DR MTD, Subwoof PDG Shelf, IP CRT, AMPLIF
U75 Antenna Power, Radio

This list isn't exhaustive, but if your radio is on it, let us know and we will check for you about active speakers.

Note that speaker wires come from the unit behind the back seat, not the dashboard unit.

If you don't have the sticker under the spare tire cover, you can check the RPOs for your car at this web site:

http://www.rpocodes.com

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived