CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Problems with Front Blowers not working

MikeWis

I have a 90 caddy deville and have notice recently the front blowers do not work. No heat is coming out the front vents only from the floor vents. Is this a sign that the fan motors for the front are bad? Since its cold here it would be nice to have the front blowers work. I had tried to set the temp to 80 to try and get the blowers to turn on but still nothing. Do I have to be at a lower temp for those to turn on? Very new to caddys and the operation of this climate control.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Mike

Heat will only come out of the floor vent and A/C or outside (cooling) air from the dash vents. Blower should come on automatically when the coolant temp reaches 90 deg. I think (maybe 100). If it is cold where you are, and you have the temp set for 70 deg. or so, you should have forced air (blower operation) in about 5 min. If not then first check the fuses. More likely a blower motor or a blower control module if the '90 was set up that way. Defrost should override and go high fan at any coolant temp I believe.

There is only one blower motor and from what you described it works. If you set the climate control at 90 deg and OFF you still will notice warm air coming from front vents when the car is moving. If you set 60 degrees and OFF you will get the same natural air flow but cold.

Wait until the motor gets operating temp (190) and turn the climate control ON and set it at 90 degrees. You should hear the blower motor turning on and heat coming mostly from the floor vents. Depress windshield defroster button and the heated air will be directed to your windshield instead of the floor vents.

What I usually do in the winter (the first winter with heat actually!) - I set the heat at 90 degrees and turn the climate control ON allowing the blower to heat the car up for a few minutes and then turn it OFF. Nevertheless, since the temp is set at 90 degrees the air mix door is completely open and natural airflow will still heat the car through the front vents. It is usually enough for me for the rest of the trip. This way I avoid annoying noise from the blower.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived