CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac Chat 2016-03-10

In April 2015, Ohio Dealer David Flynn paid $200,000 for the first retail production Cadillac CT6 as top bidder at the Barrett-Jackson Auction in Palm Beach, Fla. The auction benefitted the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute.

Flynn visited the Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly plant (D-Ham) with his wife and three of his children on February 19. His CT6 rolled off the line to a sea of proud engineers there just four days prior. Flynn and his family toured the new CT6 Body Shop and General Assembly before meeting several of the D-Ham staff and CT6 launch team.

Flynn owns several dealerships near Columbiana, Ohio. His children, Sam, Katie, Bonnie, and Shannon will all enter the family business one day. When asked if surprised about her dad winning the CT6 auction, Katie replied, “Not at all, my dad has to have the first of everything.”

The 001 VIN was crucial to Flynn, as that was the first thing he looked at upon seeing his new sedan. “It’s terrific,” he said. “I told my oldest daughter she could have it, but I’m re-thinking that decision now after seeing it.”

Flynn and his family had the chance to experience a Dynamic Vehicle Test before heading to the Design Center. There, they met some of the CT6 designers, received a behind-the-scenes facility tour, and took home an original CT6 sketch, autographed by the design team.

0.jpg
Flynn visited the Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly plant (D-Ham) with his wife and three of his children on February 19. His CT6 rolled off the line to a sea of proud engineers there just four days prior. Flynn and his family toured the new CT6 Body Shop and General Assembly before meeting several of the D-Ham staff and CT6 launch team.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

1457304142438.jpg

Johnny O'Connell (left), driver of the #3 Cadillac ATS-V.R and teammate Michael Cooper, driver of the #8 Cadillac ATS-V.R, celebrate their 1-2 finish Sunday March 6, 2016 during the second of two weekend Pirelli World Challenge GT Series Championship races at the Circuit of The Americas in Austin, Texas. It is O'Connell's first win of the season and Cooper's second podium finish. (Photo by Richard Prince for Cadillac Racing)

Bruce

Bruce

Archived