CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Olds Aurora

Today I went to my familys house for Christmas dinner and my cousin saw my Caddy for the first time I took hime for a drive down the road and showed him what it could do. Then he took me in his 99 Olds Aurora and he said that I could drive so not hesitating I did. We were going up the road and he told me to punch it I did and I was really surprised the power that thing had. I thought they only had like 200 horspower but I was wrong I looked it up to see just how much it did have. But it was quite a shock he has some mods done to it to but I always sorta liked those car on the interior but hated the exterior but there a pretty nice car and fairly powerful what do you think? I had it going 100 MPH and it handled great at that speed nice car. Ugly though.

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

I had a '96 Aurora and it was a nice car; but my STS is MUCH faster, better handling, and more luxurious. The 4.0 liter Northstar in the Aurora had 250 HP and performed fairly well, but the chassis suffered from a severe understeer that I could not pin down at the time. The thing would tend to slide the frontend going into a turn and I didn't enjoy it much due to that problem. My STS is much more neutral, with flat cornering and fantastic feedback in the steering. I wound up selling the Olds for more than I paid for it, and getting my Monte Carlo SS, and then my STS. I like the prestige of the STS more so than the Olds as well.

I had a '96 Aurora and it was a nice car; but my STS is MUCH faster, better handling, and more luxurious. The 4.0 liter Northstar in the Aurora had 250 HP and performed fairly well, but the chassis suffered from a severe understeer that I could not pin down at the time. The thing would tend to slide the frontend going into a turn and I didn't enjoy it much due to that problem. My STS is much more neutral, with flat cornering and fantastic feedback in the steering. I wound up selling the Olds for more than I paid for it, and getting my Monte Carlo SS, and then my STS. I like the prestige of the STS more so than the Olds as well.

ya I would consiter buying one if they put the 4.6 northsatr in them and they redisighned the exterior of the car so they wouldn't look so god awful ugly but that stuff will probly never happen.

user posted image

Aurora and the entire Oldsmobile badge is no longer being produced.........

Oldsmobile isn't making cars anymore? I had no idea I never even knew that they never made Aurora's anymore.

user posted image

Yep...after about 105 years, GM's oldest division...in fact America's oldest surviving marque...is no longer around. Henry Ford gets credit for the assembly line, but it was really Ransom Eli Olds who invented the technology. Olds brought many firsts to the automotive industry, but in their waning years, I guess became too synnonomous with Buick as the "poor man's Cadillac" and one of them had to go. The Aurora was supposed to be Oldsmobile's turning point. In fact, such a stigma was placed on the Oldsmobile name in the early and mid 1990s that nowhere on that car can you find the name Oldsmobile but the radio face plate. The exterior was adorned with their "new age" logo (the rocket swoosh), but no mention of their actual marque name.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I also dont like the body styling of the Aurora.

The 1994+ version of the Aurora was a gorgeous car... But the 2001 makeover’s styling was just plan odd. The Intrigue another great looking car was based on the 94 Aurora’s styling and it worked. But the last Aurora looked like a kings sized Alero ugh!

In my opinion designing your big cars, especially your top of the line models to look like your entry level models makes no sense...

And while I don’t dislike the ’05 STS as much as some on this list… I do have to add that making the new STS look like a bloated CTS will probably not have the desired sales impact.

Oh and PS the death of Oldsmobile turned me from a loyal New Car Oldsmobile Buyer to a loyal Used Car Cadillac Buyer…

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

I completely agree with you I hate the newer styles they look like the old alero lol!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:lol:

user posted image

I have a 2002 Aurora 4.0 and i have to say i love everything about that car, i mean i wish it had a 4.6 instead of 4.0 but it still kicks *smurf* on a road and surprised some Japanese rockets when they got beaten by an Oldsmobile.

Archived