CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Sunroof Leaking/Liftgate dead

Hi there,

I have a 2010 SRX, and I'm looking for some advice. Recently my lift gate quit working due to water leaking in from the sun roof. I was excited to learn that there was a "recall" on the drain hoses, so I assumed that the water damage to the lift gate module would be covered. How wrong I was..I was told today from the dealer that only the FRONT hoses are covered and the back sun roof hoses are not. Long story short, they want me to pay approximately $2000.00 to replace the module, back sun roof hoses, and pump. How in the heck do they know where the water came from??? My service tech told me flat out that he had no idea where the water came in from, but it wasn't covered. To me if you don't know where it's coming from, how can you eliminate anything??

I'm like totally dumbfounded and I kinda feel like I'm being taken advantage of. In 2014, the same thing happened, and that particular dealer I used at that time understood that it was an issue and replaced all for free (he's no longer there). After looking up this problem, there seems to be so many owners with this exact issue. Is there anything I can do? I haven't talked to the service manager yet, but are there other options, people I can speak to. This just sucks and I'm super frustrated. Thank you in advance for any advice :)

Hi,

Sorry to hear this. You can call Cadillac Customer Assistance; see info here: http://www.cadillac.com/contact-us/call.html

They can review the info and see what they think.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived