CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Please help!!! Recently all the switches on my driver side door have stopped working including the door lock switch.The switches all illuminate and the lock works from the key fob. The window switches work on all the other doors. I have read several forums indicating the most likely problem is the DDM/Driver-side door module. So I don't believe the problem is the master switch.

When I searched Rockauto and other places I cant find this part anywhere for an 2009 STS. Can someone please let me know if this part exists on the 2009 STS or the part number or where I can purchase one.

Thank you for reading this post.

:welcomesmiley:

I looked at the 2002 FSM for Seville, which should be good for your car. What I found was that the lights for the switches are on a different circuit from that of the module itself. The first thing I would do is look in the trunk compartment fuse block for the 10 Amp DRVMDL fuse. If it's bad, that might be your only problem.

The module itself is not likely to be the problem. It's possible but if the fuse doesn't fix the problem, you should diagnose the problem before you go looking for parts.

Usually the first think I ask people to do when they show up here for the first time is to run the OBD codes and post them here. There is a link in my signature block to a Caddyinfo how-to page on running your OBD codes. If the fuse is good, or replacing it doesn't fix your problem, run the codes and come back here and post them. Nothing electrical happens in a Cadillac that doesn't throw an OBD code that tells where to look for the problem.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Well wait....is it a 2000...2002...or 2009? Big difference.

Anything after about '06 would need a GM Tech 2 to access any codes. No self-diagnostics available.

As for codes...for codes to work...there has to be code in the computer systems that can detect and report the problem.

They help....but there is not a trouble code for every possible issue on a Cadillac.

I thought that it was a 2000 from the profile. For the 2009 model, look in the left rear fuse block for the 15 Amp DDM fuse.

If you have a radio with active speakers (any except the base radio YQ2), the driver's door speaker is also on this fuse.

If the fuse is good, I would continue to look for wiring problems before I bought a DDM.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

The lights on the switches are on the dimmable internal lights ciruit. The switches, power windows, and locks are on their own circuits. I know it's counter-intuitive, but lights on the switches means that at least part of the connector is OK, but it doesn't mean that the switches are connected.

Here's the FSM schematic for the driver's door:

2009_STS_DriverDoorModule_Schematic.png

Note that the switches send signals to the door control module, including the lock/unlock switch (the leftmost switch). The fob talks to the remote function actuator (RFA) module which talks to the door control module through the network (the wire from Data Communication Schematics). Your fob locks and unlocks the doors, presumably including the driver's door, so the module is working, at least for the locks.

The thing that jumps out at me from the schematic is connector X501, followed by the switch itself. Connector X501 has 12 connectors and carries power, ground, status signals for the windows, and signals for the door lighting as well as the switch-to-module signals. So, if the other switches move the windows OK and the status indicators on the driver's switch light up properly, it's looking a bit like the switch.

Rock Auto doesn't list AC/Delco but they do have Standard Motor Products switches, which seem to be OEM quality for things like coils and other electrical parts. Price without power folding mirrors is $91, with power folding mirrors is $103. Ouch.

For $91, you get this switch:

DWS222photo%20primary__ra_p.jpg

For $103, you get this switch:

DWS328photo%20primary__ra_p.jpg

Hmmm.....I would try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. Just resetting the system can sometimes bring stuff back to life. Who would of thought....computer controlled windows...

Another possibility may be broken wires in the door flex loom. The Deville rear windows used to quit because of broken wires in the loom.

The attached pic is just a generic example.

post-2-0-30133100-1456182318_thumb.jpg

Logan has a point. Broken wires in the loom where the loom flexes with the door hinge aren't unusual. And, confirming a diagnosis before ordering parts may show you that the real problem is a wire or connector.

Archived