CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1995 Cadillac Seville STS

Jason15036

I was driving home from my friends house about a week ago when the tranny started slipping and shifting hard, and jumping in and out of gears. i pulled over and checked for any leaks, which there where none. I also checked the fluid and it read full on the dipstick. I was tired and it was late and I didnt feel like screwing with it right then in the cold. I drove home which was about 2 miles away. The next morning I was messing with it and I noticed there was no fluid being pumped out of the feeding line to the radiator, for the trans cooler. I also noticed there is a definate whine coming from the transmission when the rpms are increased. I dropped the pan, cleaned the filters, they weren't to dirty, put the pan back on and filled with fluid. Still just a little stream coming out of the feeder line. I was messing with it and sometimes it will pump a little bit more than a little stream but as soon as you give it a little rev up, there is no fluid, coming out.

Please give me some advice on what to do. I dont want to bring it to a mechanic because he will just say, I need a new tranny and the tranny only has 70000 miles on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You, Jason

Could be the solenoids...but I doubt it. Are you throwing any codes? If your not throwing any codes chances are good that the trans. pump is failing. I don't belive there is a trouble code for this problem. Here is a recent post detailing pump failure...http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=4343&st=0entry33277 .

Also If you do decide to take it to a shop talk to the owner (and call multiple shops) and explain to him what you think is wrong, why you think that, and other experts on this website have similar opinions...Hopefully that will make them wary of nickel and diming you...Our you could just find a reputable shop....but that could take a while.. :lol:

A.J.

Archived