CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Here's what I have on your codes:

C0579 Left Front Solenoid Circuit Open
C1246 Brake Lining Wear Circuit Open

Note that my list doesn't agree with yours for C1146. I don't see this DTC in the 2003 Deville FSM on the GM SI DVD. However, codes with number near C1246 are shock absorber codes and yours, "Dump Valve CKT Failure," seems more likely than a brake lining wear circuit code.

The 2003 FSM lists DTC C0579 as "Suspension solenoid circuit" which is consistent with my listing for DTC C0579.

The 2003 FSM blurb on C0579 includes this paragraph

In order to test for the conditions that set DTC C0579, C0584, C0589, or C0594, the ESC module must first command the solenoid OFF. If the voltage detected in the damper control circuit during the OFF state is between two preset values, the test is repeated. If the ESC module again detects voltage between two preset values, a DTC will be set.

Look for the connector and wiring to the left front shock absorber. The connector may be off the shock absorber, or there may be a problem with the wiring. Looking at the right front shock absorber and wiring probably is a good idea.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I just checked the 2003 Cadillac FSM for Deville and the C0579 is Left Front Solenoid Open. For some reason C1246 isn't listed. A web search shows that Toyotas use C1246 for a brake code, but for GM products it is the ABS outlet valve for the RR. Both valves are in the brake pressure modulator valve (BPMV) which is, with an included and integrated ABS pump motor, bolted to the EBCM.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

Same here....I see no C1246 listed for the 2003 DTS.

There is a C1246 code that shows up for 2000 Sevilles...'brake lining wear circuit open'.

A brake lining wear circuit being open can result from use of brake pads without the sensor, bad connector or wiring, or bad sensor.

I would ignore that code and fix everything else. If it persists, or there is a symptom other than the code when it is the only one left or is CURRENT, maybe we can tell something.

Perhaps someone with a Tech II that has the 2003 DTS support in its software can get an interpretation of that code from it.

Archived