CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Transmission Fluid

Regis

Blew off a transmission line on the way to work this morning. A real gusher. So I had my fiance go to Pep Boys and get tranny fluid and sent her in armed with make and model of vehicle and they sent her back with III. The dip stick says use IIE. Was I ok using III? Took 6 qts to hit the middle line on the dip stick in idle. Man it was cold work, 17°with the wind chill and bare handed.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Dexron 2E has been superseded by Dexron 3. It is backwards compatible.

FWIW

YMMV

DFB

Thanks for the reply. After some searching I came to the same conclusion you did.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

I had the same thing happen to my 92 STS 2 months ago and the dealer put in new tranny cooler lines and put in regular ATF.

Last week I dropped the tranny pan and was surprised to see the amount of crut (metal particles) in the pan. I changed the tranny filter and added mobil synthetic ATF and the car drive so much better. Don't really know whether it's because of the synthetic ATF or the new filter or both.

Anybody ever try B&M Trick Shift Synthetic ATF? I'm curious about it and would like to switch to a synthetic if it will arrest wear in the tranny.

I had the same thing happen to my 92 STS 2 months ago and the dealer put in new tranny cooler lines and put in regular ATF.

Last week I dropped the tranny pan and was surprised to see the amount of crut (metal particles) in the pan. I changed the tranny filter and added mobil synthetic ATF and the car drive so much better. Don't really know whether it's because of the synthetic ATF or the new filter or both.

Have they flushed the tranny? :o

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived