CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Confusion

Marika

How many transmission lines does my 92, 4.9 litre engine have?

The dealership says 2, part numbers 3540435 and 3539658. I went to the mechanic today to get the two cooling lines changed and he said there's a third transmission line leaking and has to order it on Monday so I can't get the leak fixed until NEXT Friday.

The dealership also says that there are 2 oil cooling lines for that car, part numbers 25630622 and 25630619. What am I missing here?

Dealership says 2 lines for trans cooling and my mechanic says 3. Who's crazy here?

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

There are lines going from the tranny to the radiator to the auxiliary transaxle cooler that sits in front of the radiator. There should be 3 if I am not mistaken. One to the radiator, one from the radiator to the aux cooler and one from the aux cooler to the tranny. See this diagram.

With regard to the ENGINE OIL cooler lines, you may not have to replace them unless they are leaking mid-way. If they are leaking at the ends simply buy new o-rings from the dealer or parts house and that will fix the leak from the ends.

post-3-1103899829.jpg

Yep, you're right, Mike. There are three. So, the car won't get fixed until next Friday, I can wait. It's not leaking badly.

Other part number is: 3532810 Aux. Outlet.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I got back from the mechanic, there were actually **4** lines that were replaced. I have to go back to the mechanic next Saturday just to re-check the fluid levels.

The whole job, parts, labor and an oil/filter change was $257. Not bad.

Archived