CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

XLR

Today my Dad finally went down to the Cadilllac dealer and took out a 2005 XLR I absoulutly love that car its great. Its only 32 degrees and we started driving around with the top down. Its reall cool the way it go's down. He got it up to 100 miles anhour and it seemed to take no time at all to do it to.

So what do you guys think of the XLR? I love the car and would like to own one someday ha ha I think my dad is really interested in buying one. If he dos i'll just drive his.

So what do you think?

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

I'd take one alright if it were anywhere close to what I could afford.

That type of top seems ideal, quiet car when up, convertible when down.

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Did your dad let you take it for a little spin? I still havent seen an XLR in person yet, but they look great from the photos. It would be nice if he bought it, then you could post some pictures up and tell us all about it! Good luck!

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

I'd take one alright if it were anywhere close to what I could afford.

That type of top seems ideal, quiet car when up, convertible when down.

Good point, I love convertibles but hate them in the winter, and hate the noise and security problem!

Early on sailors navigated by the stars at night and the North star became the symbol for finding ones way home. Once you know where the Northstar is you can point your ship in the right direction to get home. So the star became a symbol for finding ones way home or more symbolically even finding ones path in life.

No Yenko my dad didn't let me the dealer told him he doesen't want me behind the wheel for insurence purposes ha ha. If I had one of these things I wouldn't drive it in the winter anyways.

user posted image

Was the dealer with you when your dad was driving it! :huh:

No its only a two seater but my dad test drives from the same dealer all the time and he knows everyone they trusted him not to let his 16 year old son behind the wheel of an 80 000 dollar vehicle.

user posted image

The XLR is a fantastic automobile! You say 80 large is too much, but consider this. The equal comparison to it, the MB, is 120 grand. The XLR was desgined, and built alongside the C6 Vette. The Vette went one way, and the XLR the other. The Vette is drastically improved over the C5 because of this marriage, the XLR is a serious performer because of the same. 80 grand is actually more like 75 if you have the dough to talk. Caddy finally got the Allante right in 1993, but guess what it cost by then? 73 grand! 10 years brought us a much better car, far below the level of inflation! It's about damned time that Caddy offered a "halo" car that was actually well worth it's sticker considering competion and market value. You could opt for a rebadged Nissan, in the form of the Infinity, but it is no where near the car the XLR is. Not even close! Or you could spend 40 grand more for a MB that has nothing over the XLR. Caddy is back, jack! Cadillac is the "in"car for the first time in a generation! We should all remind Guru that fact, and tell him to keep up the momentum! Caddy lost it before, lets do our part to ensure it dosen't happen again! If you can't afford a XLR, just don't have kids! Ha! Ha! Instead of paying 45 grand for an Expedition, buy a three year old XLR when they become available. The money you save on those brats will more than pay for the increase in payments! Cadillac is supposed to be the "standard of the world", just ask Bob Lutz!

The XLR is a fantastic automobile! You say 80 large is too much, but consider this. The equal comparison to it, the MB, is 120 grand. The XLR was desgined, and built alongside the C6 Vette. The Vette went one way, and the XLR the other. The Vette is drastically improved over the C5 because of this marriage, the XLR is a serious performer because of the same. 80 grand is actually more like 75 if you have the dough to talk. Caddy finally got the Allante right in 1993, but guess what it cost by then? 73 grand! 10 years brought us a much better car, far below the level of inflation! It's about damned time that Caddy offered a "halo" car that was actually well worth it's sticker considering competion and market value. You could opt for a rebadged Nissan, in the form of the Infinity, but it is no where near the car the XLR is. Not even close! Or you could spend 40 grand more for a MB that has nothing over the XLR. Caddy is back, jack! Cadillac is the "in"car for the first time in a generation! We should all remind Guru that fact, and tell him to keep up the momentum! Caddy lost it before, lets do our part to ensure it dosen't happen again! If you can't afford a XLR, just don't have kids! Ha! Ha! Instead of paying 45 grand for an Expedition, buy a three year old XLR when they become available. The money you save on those brats will more than pay for the increase in payments! Cadillac is supposed to be the "standard of the world", just ask Bob Lutz!

No I would pay 80 grand for it but I don't have that kind of money.

user posted image

I would probebly take a Corvette over the XLR! Just my opinion! They are both great cars even though I dont have near enough money for either of them. I a few years time, I might consider buying a 1996 or 1997 Corvette!

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

I would probebly take a Corvette over the XLR! Just my opinion! They are both great cars even though I dont have near enough money for either of them. I a few years time, I might consider buying a 1996 or 1997 Corvette!

I like the XLR's better myself it's the best of both worlds luxury sporty convertible or coupe take your pick there both great cars but I like the XLR better than a Corvette.

user posted image

I seen one today the guy passed me doing at least 100 MPH I seen him comin and I honked my horn the old guy looked at me and kept on going. It was pretty funny..........

user posted image

I had a XLR for the day a couple times it sure is a nice ride..The dealer knows I like that car so, if I have to leave my car for service they hunt me down a xlr to drive.. They may get me yet..

Cheers

Jim

I know what you mean someday I'm sure I'll get one just not right now not enough mony.......

user posted image

Archived