CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Mark's 99 STS

MARK 99STS

What do u guys think the 0-60 and the qtr. mile time would be on a stock STS? 93-94 year range?????? ;)

There is a chart here:

http://jadcock.oldsgmail.com/cadsls/images/caddyperf.gif

Data for that was taken from autosite.com, which summarizes performance statistics for most vehicles that have been tested by national magazines. The performance times on my chart are from rags like Road & Track, Car & Driver, Motor Trend, Automobile, Autoweek, etc. They are averages only. Any given car might be a tick faster or slower than the average for the group.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

What do u guys think the 0-60 and the qtr. mile time would be on a stock STS? 93-94 year range?????? ;)

There is a chart here:

http://jadcock.oldsgmail.com/cadsls/images/caddyperf.gif

Data for that was taken from autosite.com, which summarizes performance statistics for most vehicles that have been tested by national magazines. The performance times on my chart are from rags like Road & Track, Car & Driver, Motor Trend, Automobile, Autoweek, etc. They are averages only. Any given car might be a tick faster or slower than the average for the group.

:D Thanks for the help! One question though is that very accuate because why would there be a difference between like for instince the 93 sts and 94 sts have a difference in there times and they are identical cars. The 96 and 97 STS are also quite different and they don't seem like there should be a difference?????

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

:D Thanks for the help! One question though is that very accuate because why would there be a difference between like for instince the 93 sts and 94 sts have a difference in there times and they are identical cars. The 96 and 97 STS are also quite different and they don't seem like there should be a difference?????

That's the point -- that's why you have to look at a group of cars as an AVERAGE. But yes, there could be that much variability in performance due to manufacturing differences, maintenance differences, etc. The only way to know what YOUR car will do is to quantify it. Take it down a track, or at least Gtech-it.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

• 2 weeks later...

Sal,

The car is running great. As a mater of fact I am in the middle of a major winter project. I have the engine and trans out. I had the exhaust ports opened on the heads and am putting in a 3500 stall torque converter instead of the 2600 in now. I am waiting on my differential to come back as it will be a limited slip. I am also going to improve the front bank exhaust down pipe which is the choke point currently.

With all of these mods I am hoping to gain about 40-50hp. And going with a limited slip differential, I will eliminate traction control.

My goal is to be in the low 13's in the 1/4 mile.

Did you want a cost for any specific item or everything as I would have to pull all my papers and add it up.

MARK 99STS

TURBOCHARGED

Everything! Haha. But don't worry.. As you find the time.. I just can't believe you're probably going to get your STS into the low 13s.. I'm really impressed by that.. In fact, it's a little too much for my brain to handle right now. :P

Sal Collaziano

Cadillac Magazine

Everything! Haha. But don't worry.. As you find the time.. I just can't believe you're probably going to get your STS into the low 13s.. I'm really impressed by that.. In fact, it's a little too much for my brain to handle right now. :P

Go for high 12's! Hahaha! :D How much horsepower are you pushin out now? Just a rough estimate! :lol:

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

• 7 months later...

IMO Bendix semi-metallic pads and rotors are about the best on the market for "normal" every day driving. I get an average 30k-35k miles out of pads and 70k plus miles out of the rotors. We just don't drive fast enough or abusive enough to utilize everything nany aftermarket compnents have to offer.

Rebuild or replace your calipers every 50k or 60k miles, replace your pads when they're 2/3 to 3/4 worn (prevents glazed rotors caused by thin pads) and change brake fluid every two years and your brake system will provide consistent excellent service over the long haul - no need for expensive a/m parts unless you enjoy pissing your money away.

• 5 months later...

Archived