CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Chrome trim

Dadillac

I have an '02 SLS, and have a question. The entire car is monotone, which I like, except for around the windows. There is a chrome trim encircling the glass. Now my question. Does anyone know of a company that makes black trim pieces for around the glass? I really would like to change them. I have been looking at earlier model Sevilles, and the trim on those is black. Thanks in advance.

Don

"Modern warriors saddle iron horses of chrome."

On the fake DTS.....I used blackout tape.

The brand is Trimbrite. T-9005. Comes in rolls....1 3/8 inches x 20 feet.

The hard part id trimming with a razor blade. Product holds up very well.

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/376867...89_fake_008.jpg

Logan

That looks great. How difficult was it to do, especially around the bends? Also, how is it holding up? One last request. Can you take some really close up pics, and post them? Thanks man

Don

I guess I'm just an oddball. I'd like to see more chrome like bumpers and tail light trim. I just think it "classes up" a car.

Some of the more fancy-shmancy truck models coming out are going back to chrome and I think they look really nice.

But alas, I am getting old. I grew up in the years when cars were big and chrome was king. :(

It is just a different head, the sport look(modern) or the luxury/classy look. Both are nice, I happen to prefur the sporty look, which is why I sold my sedan deville with chrome and gold everywhere for a triple black concours model and blacked it it even further than stock. I still love the classy look though too, depending on the car.

I am not a fan of chrome. I think that the monotones of the past 5 years or so, look so much nicer. Although, a vehicle, that has chrome, needs a proportional amount, to look good. For my SLS, having absolutely no chrome, with the exception of the window trim, looks a little misplaced. If it had chrome touches, in other areas, than it wouldn't be bad. I figure it is cheaper, and more to my liking, to rid myself, of the small amount of chrome, than try and add more. I really would like to see closer pics of that tape installed. I think that is my answer to my dilemma.

Don

The tape can only be used 70 degrees and above.

You can work around corners etc....just take your time.

The tape package requests that you do not wash the car for a few days. After that the product sticks on very well....no issues after over a year.

In the pic....I was only trying to cover the 1/2 inch wide chrome strip used on the Deville. Focus on the center rib of the upper section. That is where the tape is...

1102408438031_tape_002.jpg

I don't understand do they not come stock with this or did I read wrong

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

I think you read wrong! What do you mean!

I know I read it over after I said that I guess I should read before I speak ha ha or type in this case.

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

My car started out as a base Deville. The base car has chrome trim up in the upper window area.

I turned mine into a fake DTS.

DTS wheels.

Paint rockers body color. Paint front and back lower bumper trim.

Paint rear license plate body color.

Change emblems.

Change grille. Block off the hood ornament.

1062664446989_fake_008.jpg

Even replaced the column shifter with the DTS floor shifter....just got the carpet panels in yesterday....

1096131348495_shifter_004.jpg

I guess I'm just an oddball. I'd like to see more chrome like bumpers and tail light trim. I just think it "classes up" a car.

Some of the more fancy-shmancy truck models coming out are going back to chrome and I think they look really nice.

But alas, I am getting old. I grew up in the years when cars were big and chrome was king. :(

I'm with you. I miss the chrome.

Archived