CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

sts awd

mike5514

While I was at the dealer getting my fuel rail replaced I test drove a 05 sts4 approching the car there was a cts same color in front of it and I had a good chance to compare the two, they look a lot alike. The sts4 listed for 66000 It was pretty much top of the line. Inside was slightly cramped but comfortable, somewhat sparten to me. Buttons were hard to find they semed to blend in to the background but my eyes are not what they used to be. Im used to the lighter interior in my 97 sls. On the road very solid and very fast had a hard time keeping it under 80 on a two lane 55 speed limit road I had it up to a 100 very capable, shifts very smooth has a option to shift manualy instant milage was under 20 the only time I looked. Also test rode but did not drive a ctsv 400 hp 350 lt 6 manual 6 sp trans 53000 list. Interior and ride comparable to the sts4 but wickedly fast head snapping back pressing in seat fast. Traction control on both cars was excellent. tested a v6 cts automatic $38,000 list with the sport shift feature good get you out of town speed, firm ride 28 instant mpg. Have yet to draw any conclusions. Mike

Mike, you say they look a lot alike. What did you find different about them?

I thought they looked exactly alike. Thanks.

Mike: Disregard my last post. I thought you said that the AWD and the RWD looked alike. I missed the CTS thing. Sorry.

My Unle test drove a 2005 totaly loaded every option when I was with him. It was rear wheel drive lots of fun to drive in We left our mark all over the pavement they are very fast. You can feel that extra pull of the extra 20 Hp and the new 5 speed auto gives I could be wrong but they look as though they would weigh less to? I did find it small to my legs where almost up to the glovebox but im fairly big to. Its alot of fun with that rear wheel drive though and I would consider geting one but right now I could only dream I don't understand why theres a V6 option though I really don't like those they should all have V8 Northstars what do you think?

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

I agree. In the sts my engine of choice would be a v8, if I wanted a 6 I would get a cts. A funny thing both the engine compartments the 8 in a sts and the 6 in cts have very little room to perform maintenance. I wrongly assumed there would be more room. My engine of choice in the cts would be the 3.8 but I cant help being impressed with the LT6. Mike

I would never even consider buying a v6 STS. I would take a bigger more powerful v8 engine over the smaller v6 any day. I think the v8 should be a standard option because if you get worked up over fuel econemy there is not that big of a differerance between the two, other than the price. Why dont they just offer a 4 cylinder option in the CTS; wouldn't that make sense! ;)

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

HA ha good point I know what you mean when I went to look at them with my Uncle they asked if he was interested in a V6 and he simply laughed and said thats not an STS thats a CTS it was funny.

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Archived