CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

STS blower motor

jjh92

I have a 92 STS (4.9L) with no heat. I have let it warm-up so that is not the problem. I haven't done the diagnostics yet but I suspect the blower motor. Just wondering if anyone knows if the blower motor control signal for the 92 STS is a pwm signal or straight dc voltage? Also, is the blower motor in the 92 with 4.9L as hard to change out as what I've read about the Northstar versions? It looks quite accessable from the engine bay.

My power antenna also has failed in the up position. Any possible tie-in between the blower motor and the antenna?

Thanks,

Jim

Also, is the blower motor in the 92 with 4.9L as hard to change out as what I've read about the Northstar versions? It looks quite accessable from the engine bay.

My power antenna also has failed in the up position. Any possible tie-in between the blower motor and the antenna?

Thanks,

Jim

I don't know about your STS, but in my 92 Deville it was easy to get loose but the engine had to be moved forward before it would clear.

Check all the fuses there could be a connection, my antenna did the same thing and knocked out the fuse and caused other things to go out, but I can not remember what else went. Check the owners manual for related circuits.

Thanks,

Jim

Do you hear the motor run? If so, you probably have a broken mast cable. You can get a repair kit from these guys for $50. http://www.antennamastsrus.com/. Their site does not list Cadillac but they have them. Just give them a call.

Paul, please explain moving the engine forward. Did you have to disconnect the engine mounts and have a hoist to move the engine forwared? Or can one disconnect the rear engine mount and then tip the engine toward the front with a jack from underneath?

Jim

Archived