CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

How Fast is Your FASTEST?

CadiKing

Hey Everyone,

We have had all kinds of Polls in the Past.

{I could not get the Poll function to work.}

My fastest...

1976 Pontiac Grand Am, 400 Cu In (6.5 Liter), less than 50 miles on the odometer!

Brand new car, brand new highway; the merge from 271 south to 480 west in Solon, Ohio.

Registered 120 mph on the speedo in my freinds' dads new car for laughs...

His dad just picked up the car that day...

The first of many blasts to the redline in that car!

Gone over 100 mph probably 100+ times over the years...

Still kickin'...

Never get enough of that need for speed! :D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine:

1999 American Saddlebred Horse

1 Horsepower

20 miles per hour at the rack

Picture attached.

post-3-1103578948.jpg

Just a few months ago gt my licence only a week before took my 94 STS for a rip went on an old country road was going 80 MPH smashed the gas and let off at about 125 thats my fastest......

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Peaked 138mph in 1/4 mile in friends 68 Camaro 440hp 1/4 setup. Made it from Ft. Lauderdale to the outskirts of Miami in 15min averaging 135mph on a Hurricane.

Lastly and most painful.... 70+mph water tubing.

Both were a blast but looking back I find myself saying "what was I thinking?!?". I still do the tubing bit now and then and it gets scarier each year that passes. 40 will probably be the cut off age...mmmm maybe 37 lol.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

I'm a light weight, 105 in a 65 Cadillac SDV, and a 66 Cadillac Convertible, it felt like the top was going to rip off! That was when I was young and stupid, in my old age about 90.... like I said, light weight... :lol:

Once flew in the Concord however, does that count?

Of all the cars I’ve had (and others I’ve been in) the highest top speed achieved was 165mph, in my ’97 Acura NSX. This was on the east (Nevada) side of the Sierras during a weekday morning on a long, lonely open road. The NSX still might have had a little left to go, but I didn’t…At that velocity I calculated I’m traveling almost a football field a second…

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

I helped a friend put a 600+ horse big block Olds engine (403 or something ) into his 1977 T/A cause he didn't have enough knowledge . As part of the deal I got to drive it first ( He built as a racer so he wasn't even concerned about a break in ) . We headed towards the Orlando airport ( I don't remember the route number ) midday , middweek , back in 1989 . First geared I wound out to 85 , second was still pulling HARD at 140 when I chickened out . When we got back I said to him " If you ever hit top end in this thing I'll come to your funeral . " Now I'm too old to drive that fast , no seriously , I have a cdl that I rely on for an income . An occasional jump to the governor ( like 112 ??) in the caddy is now fast enough for me .

My fastest was well over 200mph in a ferrari F50..My job takes me to some out of the way places. In the mid 90's I was living\working in Egypt for a couple years. I picked up a ferrari F50 which I drove over there during my stay..On some of the highways in the desert long straight aways smooth pavement not many cars on the road No one obeys any type of traffic laws None really exist So needless to say I had fun...Hey Dasher here's a pic for you this guy was my favorite horse.I brought him back to the USA

CHeers

Jim

fcea0c0a.jpg

Had a 1985 Yamaha RZ500 V4 two-stroke...man that thing moved like a scared rabbitt on rocket fuel.

Anyhow wanted to open it up on the highway after some fine tuning and managed to hit 235 kms/hr (146 miles/hr) before the head shake almost turned me into road streak. That was the respect sign, therefore shut it down to where I could actually identify the dots on the road again.

Glad to be alive!

Petrov

post-3-1103590573.jpg

Like I said in another post, 130+ racing a Chevelle from a 60 punch on the ILL. Toll Road in a '69 Roadrunner. Redlined the tach and completely buried the needle out of sight. Boy did that baby feel unstable. That's when I had more balls than brains.

Sometimes having more balls than brains is a good thing. The fastest I have ever went was 165 mph in a 1998 Lamborghini Diablo SV. It was my uncles car, he was driving and I was in the passenger seat; I was only fourteen years old at the time. I was scared once we hit 100 mph but i wasn't going to say anything, we got all the way up to 165 before he let off the gas.

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

First of all, to Guru, what happened to the technology of the Aerotech? I thought that the 180 horse in the normally aspirated quad 4 of the late 80's was a great start of things to come, but nothing ever came of it.

I have always been more of a "quick" guy, rather than a "fast" one. I once turned a 13.31 second quarter mile in a 70 Nova with a 350 based off the 70 Vette LT-1 motor. My buddies called it the beast because it was primered, barely idled, and drank racing gas at what I guessed was 5 MPG. I didn't even have to come close to flooring it to totally roast the M/T's I couldn't afford to replace! I never had the car dynoed, but it had to be more than the stock 370 horse GM claimed for the stock LT-1.

I am not willing to claim the top speed I have traveled. But my 97 STS is very impressive in 60-80 WOT jaunts! For what the NS lacks in low end, it makes up for it when the "r's" are high!

I already covered my puss out speed of 143. Maybe if I could have the right conditions--also including leagley able to drive like that--I would go for it again.

How about the most gas? In 1990, I was driving my 69 Friebird 400 (inocrrect 3:23 12 bolt posi, and a 350 slush box) through Tenn, on 40. I think it was between Nashville and Memphis; then again, it could have been between Nashville and Knoxville.

The traffic was going about 100 to 110. Yeah, there were a couple of pokeys driving 85 and 90, but the majority of traffic was in the triple digits. Do they still drive like that? I've been driving for 31 years, and I have never seen traffic at such speeds. If so, all I have to say is that you guys rock!

The car doesn't have a tach in it, but with the 3:23 rear, the slightly modifed 400 was wound pretty tight. At 112/113 I still had unused throttle, but if opened the throttle it just made more noise without accelerating. It's probally timing advance that limited it.

I had just filled up its 18 gallon tank and settled into the average 103 to 108 traffic flow, with the Firbird loving it. (Oh by the way Northstar buddies. During that trip, in a total of 3,500 miles, the ol' Firedog burned less than 3/8th of a quart of oil. Also the car still runs, though it's a little tired, and the engine has 380k of abusive miles that would have put a Northstar in the scrap heap. So the oil consumption bit as a nessisity for long engine life is merely GM propaganda for an ill design. In the first 180k, the measuring stick I used for oil changes was when the stick started showing "add" rather than the add 3 quarts as the measuring stick.)

The Quadrejet's secondaires start to crack right about 71 mph, so they were breathing pretty good at a buck plus. I blasted 18 gallons of gas through the car in less than 90 minutes. Who does the math around here? I think that 18 gallons burned in less than 90 minutes @ 105 nets a mpg of 1.72 mph. (Does that meet the defnition of gas guzzler?) Hell, 30' Proline w/a with its twin GM 350 engines--a reas gas hoss--gets about 2 mpg.

I figure we are all going to get yelled at sooner or later for responding...

On only the back wheel at a little over 80 on a Yamaha KZ 500 (as I recall anyway, it was a 2-stoke hot rod that a friend just got). That was interesting... :o

The Big Red Dog is good for 126 flat out and comfy for many miles on the way to Las Vegas. :)

However, the company Mercury Gran Marq was a touch faster per its speedo at 128. The funny part was that "she who must be obeyed" had to pee real bad and said go fer it on the last 20-30 miles of I-80 from Salt Lake, Utah into Wendover, Nevada (alongside the salt flats). It ran very smooth albeit a bit noisy. At some point two girls in a sports car thought I was playing with 'em and hung in there for about 5-miles before they chickened out. ;)

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

The 2.3L quad four that was comonly found in Grand AM and Skylark (maybe more) was junk. Very known for blowing the head gasket. Also some would split the crankshaft.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

734Km/h on an airplane :lol:

The fastest ride I've ever been on was a 2001 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 with a buddy of mine, man that was fast in a freaky way. We must of done over 230 km/h.

I will never get on the back of that bike again.

The fastest I've ever drove was in the Cadillac. I topped it out once and have never done it since. I might this spring when I make my video of the Cadillac and all my toys.

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

TDK,

I remember driving that stretch from SLC to Wendover a long time ago. The one thing I still remember is that the mountains at Wendover seemed to be moving with me. No matter how fast I went, I could not gain on them, they just stayed way out in front. When I finally got there I still remember someone had painted a very large 5th Special Forces patch on the side of the mountain. Is it still there?

Quote from Ranger:

"I remember driving that stretch from SLC to Wendover a long time ago. The one thing I still remember is that the mountains at Wendover seemed to be moving with me. No matter how fast I went, I could not gain on them, they just stayed way out in front. When I finally got there I still remember someone had painted a very large 5th Special Forces patch on the side of the mountain. Is it still there?"

I'll look when we go through that area in early January!

As you probably know, almost every town in this part of the country with a decent hill nearby - gets it painted somehow or another. One nearby town is Battle Mountain (guess what they painted on the mountainside) :blink:

Winnemucca's "W" tends to get painted green on St Patrick's day by a rowdy crew. This takes a lot of green paint, green beer and has resulted in a few people and/or cars rolling down the hillside in a collective stupor.

The pilots use these landmarks and the interstates more than what you might think.

Only problem is the occasional range fires that tend to distort the landscape for a few years.

BTW, does 56-mph down Dodge street in traffic on a 10-speed bike count? <_<

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

I guess that the fastest I've ever been moving on a 2-wheeler (My preferred method of summer travel) is about 165-170MPH. A Honda RC-51 that made 142 rear wheel HP was my ride of choice at that time. Stock it made 120-ish and did 156MPH.... so 165 seems right. (no speedo, only a tach)

165-ish in a 911 turbo.

11.80 at 121 in the 1/4 mile is my best in that catagory.

I think that 18 gallons burned in less than 90 minutes @ 105 nets a mpg of 1.72 mph. (Does that meet the defnition of gas guzzler?)

No, it meets the definition of a gas pi$$er!! LOL :lol:

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

NYPD radar picked me up on an Atala fixed gear track bike doing a mere 75mph. I was a kid riding under the old west side highway heading downtown. Cops pulled me over, confiscated my bike and made my father come down to the station house to pick me up. After the old man picked up me and the bike, in front of the cops he was cool, but in the car as he was taking me home he looked at me and starting yelling at me, "what are you nuts???" He really couldn't say anything, he was a very fast, left lane driver and I picked up my "bad habit" from him....LOLOLOL!!!!

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

The fatsest that I ever did in my car the STS is 125 MPH, but when I was about 13 my grandfather took me out in his new Ferrari F50 and he went to a very wide open road. He drove with his foot on the floor till we hit about 180 MPH i'm still surprised today I didn't piss my pants. My dad has a 2001 Viper GTS and I was with him and he went about 160 with me in that so fast cars and crazy drivers run in the family with me. I guess thats were I got it.

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Archived