CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

IPC Override-IS08

stokes

I am having the struts changed to passive (all four).I have disabled the Service Ride Control message on the DIC with the IPC Override.Does anybody know if this disables the entire system,or just the message on the DIC?My mechanic says we have to buy some kind of harness to disable the system after he changes them.I thought changing the value of IS08 from 8 to zero should disable the entire system.

I think Boston Suspension comes with a resistor that plugs into each strut connector that fools the system and thereby cancels the error message. Do a search under Boston Suspension, you may be able to purchase that from them.

Also, see this information from the old board, Mike

http://www.caddyinfo.com/disableccr.htm

and this

http://www.caddyinfo.com/disable.htm

Early on sailors navigated by the stars at night and the North star became the symbol for finding ones way home. Once you know where the Northstar is you can point your ship in the right direction to get home. So the star became a symbol for finding ones way home or more symbolically even finding ones path in life.

Just thought that I would let everyone know that I just changed the 008 to 000 for IS08 on my 95 SLS and it still says "Service Ride Control". I went back into it to make sure that it saved the adjusted value and it did.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

Just thought that I would let everyone know that I just changed the 008 to 000 for IS08 on my 95 SLS and it still says "Service Ride Control". I went back into it to make sure that it saved the adjusted value and it did.

Where did you get this information for the 95 SLS, I dont think that anything that I posted was related to your year, I just looked back

Early on sailors navigated by the stars at night and the North star became the symbol for finding ones way home. Once you know where the Northstar is you can point your ship in the right direction to get home. So the star became a symbol for finding ones way home or more symbolically even finding ones path in life.

Just got my car back with the new struts,AC-Delco passive replacements.Didnt need any harness or resistors to "fool" the computer,the IPC Override I mentioned earlier worked okay.Dont know about the '95 but it worked on my '92.

Just got my car back with the new struts,AC-Delco passive replacements.Didnt need any harness or resistors to "fool" the computer,the IPC Override I mentioned earlier worked okay.Dont know about the '95 but it worked on my '92.

Terrific, how is the ride? What brand of struts did you get?

As I said he used the Delco factory replacements.Car has about 49,000mls, now rides like it has 49 mls.Wouldnt think a car with that low miles would need new struts already,but I guess holding the weight of the vehicle for 12 years does make them tired.Didnt think they were really too bad until I got them replaced. Well worth the cost.

Oh sorry I didnt see that, I need to do the struts in my car also, it bottoms out too easily. Glad to hear you have a major improvement. For what its worth, my car since 46,000 miles has also needed them... Mike

Correction on my 95 SLS. After changing that value it suppresses the SRC message while the car is moving. When I am at a dead stop, wither in gear or parked, the SRC message is displayed.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

Correction on my 95 SLS. After changing that value it suppresses the SRC message while the car is moving. When I am at a dead stop, wither in gear or parked, the SRC message is displayed.

Jeff, I have been trying to tell you that this procedure will not work on your car. See the above post that states this:

Stokes, you are correct you can turn off the mesage on the DIC on the 92s. Its's the 93s and above that you need a resistor from the dealer to turn off the message.

You need a resistor, PLEASE look at MY posts above that contain links the answer is there.

I saw your post but was questioning why it suppressed the message when the car was in motion. Also, on my 93, I was able to just clip a wire on one of the modules in the trucnk and wire in a relay to suppress that message. That wont work on the 95 I take it.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

I saw your post but was questioning why it suppressed the message when the car was in motion.  Also, on my 93, I was able to just clip a wire on one of the modules in the trucnk and wire in a relay to suppress that message.  That wont work on the 95 I take it.

There are specific techniques to fix certain years that are not transferable. As you can imagine the suspension has changed each year, my 96 is way different than my 91 was. You need to research the proper procedure to suppress the message for your year and affect it and you will be fine.

The link a gave you above provides a fix, additionally you may want to contact Boston Suspensions, they may have an easy solution for you.

The link that you posted was for a 97.  Will that work on my 95?

Also, I have been unable to locate this Boston Suspensions on the web.

Try this link that was above also

http://www.caddyinfo.com/disable.htm

BOSTON SUSPENSION DOT COM

http://www.bostonsuspension.com/

Thank you. It still does not list the 95 SLS. Would it be the same for the 95 Deville?

My guess it yes

Archived